New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

PATS issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 02:24 PM
03mustangmike

Default PATS issue

Okay, I’ve never been on the forums but I use it quite often but the question that I am looking to get answered doesn’t seem to get answered. So I joined. If someone could help with this is greatly appreciate it. So I have a 2003 mustang Gt. I shipped it to Hawaii from South Carolina a while back and when it arrived at the port I drove it home. 2 days later I go to turn the car around to work on it and it will not start. I’ve had the issue before and read where some people just wait for the light to stop blinking and try to start it. It used to work. However now that isn’t so. So I got a guy to come look at it and he said that his computer said there was some hard drive missing so I naturally thought the pcm. I’ve replaced so far the pcm gauge cluster and ccrm in hopes that one of these electrical components fixed the issue. Checked all my fuses they are good. It had an aftermarket security system in the car before I bought it. I took all that out and made sure to carefully put the wires like they were. So the interior wiring harness was functioning perfectly after the removal. So I don’t think it’s the wires. I did research and the pcm and gauges need to be mated to the car so I am going to ford tomorrow to get them mated to the car by ford but I can’t particularly afford for stealership to fix my car. I’m sure I’ve not mentioned all my diagnostic steps but would love some feedback to fix this issue. I’ve been without my car for 6 months over this.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:07 AM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

does the computer have a j3 port?

Last edited by TrimDrip; 01-06-2018 at 11:09 AM.