New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

My First Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 10:32 AM
LudachrisGT

Default My First Mustang

My first Mustang... I come from a turbo/AWD/4-banger platform that I took out to the road courses. I've done a few things to the GT and might eventually install a '18 intake manifold and PP 2 kit with a tune, but I'm afraid of voiding the warranty, especially with all of the a/c evap failures. I've already had my car in to the dealer for a/c failure once, but they didn't have to replace the core or the compressor. Most of my attention will probably be on the handling upgrades to improve performance at the road course. Just need more money

All specs, mods, and photos for my car can be found here:
Luda's Stockish GT
Old 03-09-2018, 10:45 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your mods..
Old 03-09-2018, 02:38 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Great car, you will love it. Spend your money on a professional driving school like the Ron Fellows Corvette school in Nevada and you will find the car handles much better than you think once you learn to drive it better. I thought I was pretty good until I attended a couple of the professional courses (Ford and Corvette) and I've been a BMW instructor for 20 years at the amateur level and raced BMWs for 7 years. It's amazing how much I learned from those guys. Just my 02 cents.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:41 PM
LudachrisGT

Originally Posted by proeagles
Great car, you will love it. Spend your money on a professional driving school like the Ron Fellows Corvette school in Nevada and you will find the car handles much better than you think once you learn to drive it better. I thought I was pretty good until I attended a couple of the professional courses (Ford and Corvette) and I've been a BMW instructor for 20 years at the amateur level and raced BMWs for 7 years. It's amazing how much I learned from those guys. Just my 02 cents.
Yeah, it's been a while since I've been on track, and most of my track time has come in an AWD car at NASA events. I do plan to get some instruction for sure. This thing is a totally different than what I'm used to.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:36 AM
carid
Former Sponsor

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your purchase. Looks clean! You will find great how-to's for all your mods here.