New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Mustang 2007 V6 MPG

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 01:54 PM
leofig99

Default Mustang 2007 V6 MPG

Hi,
i want to buy a mustang 2007 V6 for daily car, my question is how much mpg can i get from it?
its a 80,000 miles, driving it daily at low revs style.
thanks.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:50 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

26 MPG highway, and that's tuned. City, 19... It's a dog, and not a Greyhound.

I sometimes have to run it for work, 457+ miles, costs me almost $60.00 in fuel,
and it's ALL highway. The 93 octane tune nets the best MPG, even better than
the 87 ECO tune.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:31 PM
leofig99

Thank you for answer, but that is a real life calculated mpg or the dashboard mpg info?
Old 05-18-2019, 10:17 PM
JimC

Calculated by hand or by the car computer is all just an estimate. And for me I find that it is so close that the difference in negligible.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:41 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Originally Posted by leofig99
Thank you for answer, but that is a real life calculated mpg or the dashboard mpg info?
NOT an estimate, I did the math:
Two trips, 242.2 miles, 9.8 gallons each one. I netted 24 MPG highway the past two
uses. My MPG has dropped a lot since last time I used it for work, and the only thing
I can think of is I need to clean and oil the air filter.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:45 AM
JimC

It is still an estimate because you are assuming that you put exactly the same amount of gas in the tank as you burned. However there are many variables in filling the tank -- pump pressure, barometric pressure even, and you don't know if you filled the tank to exactly the same spot as you had it before you burned the gas. So all you are doing is calculating the estimated mpg.

The car computer knows how much gas you put through the injectors so it is measuring use, but it is still estimating to an extent.

Neither one is inherently more accurate than the other.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:10 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

I run this route 4 days a week, and it's the same miles to the 3rd stop EVERY time.
Same amount if GAS, every time, unless it's snow or rain. You can call it an estimate
all you want, I have been doing this job for 4 years, I know what it costs to run, and what
miles it is. It's the same fuel and same miles...

Tell us then, Genius, how do you get the EXACT figure? FORD'S claim? No matter what it is with
these forums, there is ALWAYS someone around to **** on your post, and offer no proven facts or
methods to back up THEIR statements. Here you are, telling us what you think, and yet you offer
no solution in turn. Where is your math and solution? You want to say that it's an estimate, but
won't say what it IS? Well, that is what some may call a wind bag.

Math is Math, there is no guessing, it calculates the same every time. Once you have a continual
steam of the SAME data, it moves well out of the estimate category. You can't keep calling it an
estimate if the results are the same every single time.

So, what MPG do you want to tell this person, who began the thread? I don't see you offering
up any facts. I have done the work, at my own expense. What have you done? We'll wait...
Old 05-19-2019, 06:59 PM
JimC

Geez, condescending attitude much?

If you want the EXACT figure it doesn't take a genius.

You have to use a measuring cylinder that holds an amount of gas that you measure. Then you only draw from that cylinder. Do your drive and then you refill the cylinder to the same exact point that you started with, take the miles driven, and do the math. The only way you will get anything other than an estimate is to have a known quantity of gas to begin with and then a known amount to refill that cylinder to the same exact amount.

Mythbusters even did it on one of their shows.

You really need to work on your attitude. It is very tiresome the way you respond to everyone. Keep it up and you may earn a short vacation.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:01 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Originally Posted by JimC
Bla bla bla bla bla bla.....

You really need to work on your attitude. It is very tiresome the way you respond to everyone. Keep it up and you may earn a short vacation.
If you see it as condescending, it may be because because you have emotional issues
at the time you read it. It's black and white text on a screen, you can't see emotion, and
you can't see feeling, so it has to come from within as you read it. It is not my voice you hear
in your head as you read it, it's YOURS, so start there maybe? There is nothing I type that I
would not say to your face if it were in public. You can't handle a simple argument with real
data and math, that calculates the same each time. You present an argument, then offer no
answer, or affirmation for the OP as I did, but you will threaten me with internet Forum fairy
dust power when confronted? Way to win an argument, get rid of the issue, good for you....

Last edited by 08'MustangDude; 05-20-2019 at 04:14 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:14 AM
JimC

Enjoy your vacation time

Quick Reply: Mustang 2007 V6 MPG