New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New here like all the others!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Party_kid

Default New here like all the others!

Hello, my name is Shane, and I was just overtaken by the love of Mustangs. I just crossed over the bridge from import toys (can be fast with time and money) to domestic cars (are fast, and faster with time and money). I have owned a couple quick cars in the past, but nothing to hooptie about.

1990 Acura Integra LS- T25 turbo, Front mount intercooled, 12psi with stand alone motor management system on base maps, never tuned to stachiometric (spelling?) 12.9 @ 113 mph on MT drag radials.

1994 Aerostar- haha 22. something in the 70mph range.

1987 Toyota Corolla SR5 - Caught the drifting bug What can I say?

1988 Mazda RX7 n/a- street port- 15.9 @ 86mph on street tires (this was more of and auto x car anyways)

I finally convenced my parents to let me sell the RX-7 and get a Mustang 5.0 or 4.6 because my insurence will be cheaper and I'll get better gas milage (20mpg babying the rotary and 12-14 pushing her). Not to mention it's an American vehicle. See you guys on the boards.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:09 PM
DR8907
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New here like all the others!

Welcome to the forums. Get a 5.0.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Party_kid

I want the 94 Mustang 5.0, but my budget limits me to what I can sell my RX7 for. $3k range. It's hard for me to save money, because I have a horse now, unlike when I had the integra. What is needed to dip a 5.0 in the low 14's high 13's? Or a better question, say I got a 90 Mustang 5.0 and had a intake, and motor nack exhaust with a manuel tranny, what kind of times are possible to see with an experenced driver (not me, lol).
Old 11-06-2005, 11:37 PM
white94cobra

I'm new here too, and I pretty much did the same thing. My rents bought me a 1996 Honda Civic DX when I was fifteen, and when I thought Civics were fast and/or cool. After that I learned a lot more about cars, and for about a year now I've been saving up, and I just found the car I want to buy, it's a White 1994 Mustang Cobra.. hopefully the downpayment is like less than $500 (yes, a years worth of savings actually came out to $500 after my friend broke a hole in the wall in my house and I had to pay to fix it), and then hopefully i will be able to sell the Civic for $6500 and buy this Cobra, before it's off the market, so I'm working quick.

Anyway I just wanted to say hi, but of course I had to give you my life story first.

Haha, oh, and if on the off chance that anyone wants to donate any money to help me e-mail me at xpetey_o@hotmail.com!! haha i really want this car, i'm about ready to go door to door asking for donations!!
Old 11-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Party_kid

haha, sorry to brak the news to ya, and not trying to get on quick terms, but you will sell the civic alot quicker at a lower price than the others on the market. (IE $5k range.) I mean, my teg was fast and all, and I got put vettes and cobras 6ft under all day, but the point of a 4cyl is fuel economy. If you are going to make the power for doing what I did and get 19-22mpg on normal driving, then why not get a real motor supercharge it with say a centrifical vortec kit and get maybe 1-2 mpg less with more than twice the motor? 1.8x2 =3.6, mustang 5.0 hmm, decesions.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:57 PM
white94cobra

yeah... i realize that... unfortunately that would only bring me to $5500, $1500 short of a cobra... i don't know, maybe i could talk him down to like $6000 since it's almost winter and he probably doesn't want to go through the trouble of storing it... still leaves me $500 short... and working for minimum wage at a part time job that's an hour away when I'm not running track or doing homework isn't going to get me that extra $500 very quick, it'll probably be sold by then! i'm kind of at a loss, my rents won't lend me any more which is understandable.. oh well!! i can still lust over it can't i?
Old 11-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Party_kid

A stack of andrew jacksons really talk to a man better than you and I. I let my boosted teg with 12k in mods and 3k original price tag got for 350 mr jacksons. For the math illiterate, that's $7,000.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:42 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums- I hope you find the stang you're looking for.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:41 AM
Party_kid

I really want a good fox body with fuel injection, since the corolla was the only carborated car (and the worst running car due to that) that I have had. I only have what I can get out of my RX7, you can only imagine living in east TN what a city boy can get out of a rotary in a village full of red neck mullet wearing villagers. So I am talking the 3k +/- range. My only things I am asking of the car is:

5.0 motor w/ manuel tranny
Hatchback
solid car overall

I can paint and my mother can sew, and thank the loard I can use a screwdriver, so the interior and exterior are the least of my worries. Can this be found for 3k? or Am I wasting my time?
Old 11-08-2005, 02:17 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

new edge all the way