upstate New York

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:38 PM
nm3
4th Gear Member

Default RE: upstate New York

ORIGINAL: matt07GT

ORIGINAL: nm3

Tires and wheels looks good. But, I am with the masses and agree it must be lowered.....I'm very happy with my Steeda Lights and have not scraped, yet.
Where did you get them?......how much....install...how is the ride......all that info. Also, would you happen to know your actualy clearance?.....I have the chin spoiler which drops my front about 2 inches from stock. Thanks.
I got the springs from Brenspeed for $200+. I got the Tokico Hp's off eBay for less than $300. I did the install myself with the help of my cousin (or vice versa if the truth be known). On my GT/CS the spoiler is now about 5-3/4" off the ground. Which is 1-1/2" lower than a standard GT (I think).
Old 05-05-2008, 08:54 PM
03GT CONVERTIBLE LOU
2nd Gear Member

Frostbyte May 10th sounds like a good time. I want in how many of us Mustang owners can go? Of course 20 bucks ain't going to be a problem. I justa assume to call or do it ahead of time so that there won't be a problem with anybody.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:04 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

ORIGINAL: FrostByte

ORIGINAL: kngdaka

Alright, so next weeks track trip

NYstang
Me
Jenzpony and all his immediate and extended family[8D]

Anyone else know for sure?
You talking the 14th? If so im in, if I can borrow a Helmut for a couple of runs. Suppose I could rent one @ the track for $20-$30 but Id rather just borrow one if I could.

How much is race gas this year?
yup, weds. the 14th. I have my motox helmet you could use, should still be legal. only a few years old.

and fyi, jenzpony is a chick
Old 05-05-2008, 09:05 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NYstang

ORIGINAL: kngdaka

Alright, so next weeks track trip

NYstang
Me
Jenzpony and all his immediate and extended family[8D]

Anyone else know for sure?
You talking the 14th? If so im in, if I can borrow a Helmut for a couple of runs. Suppose I could rent one @ the track for $20-$30 but Id rather just borrow one if I could.

How much is race gas this year?
yup, weds. the 14th. I have my motox helmet you could use, should still be legal. only a few years old.

and fyi, jenzpony is a chick
wtf how the hell did I miss that one?????
Old 05-05-2008, 09:15 PM
PJB
5th Gear Member

Ed-
A helmet really isnt all that expensive. I bought mine last year at Griffins Motorsports on State Street in Schenectady and if I remember right it was less than $100.
The owner didnt charge me the tax because I paid with cash too.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:16 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Sorry Jen, apparently I can't decipher what the screen-name "jenzpony" means, lol

And as for a meeting place for weds I say we meet at Colonie Center on Wolf Road and pick up the northway south (oxymoron) and hop over to 90 from there. Or we can meet at Crossgates and pick up 87 from there onto 90. Both are pretty much the same thing, but X-gates is closer to 90 by a mile or two and it might be easier to stick together based on how that ramp is setup.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:39 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03GT CONVERTIBLE LOU

Frostbyte May 10th sounds like a good time. I want in how many of us Mustang owners can go? Of course 20 bucks ain't going to be a problem. I justa assume to call or do it ahead of time so that there won't be a problem with anybody.
Any one interested PM me & i will pm you back directions to the location. Just bring a check for $20 made out to ASMC& a slip of paper w/ your name & address & you can do it that way w/ no problem.
the more the merrier!!!!

NYstang- hemuts must be 2000 snell approved? DOT approved isnt gonna cut it.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:15 PM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: matt07GT

Tires and wheels looks good. But, I am with the masses and agree it must be lowered.....I'm very happy with my Steeda Lights and have not scraped, yet.
Where did you get them?......how much....install...how is the ride......all that info. Also, would you happen to know your actualy clearance?.....I have the chin spoiler which drops my front about 2 inches from stock. Thanks.
I got the springs from Brenspeed for $200+. I got the Tokico Hp's off eBay for less than $300. I did the install myself with the help of my cousin (or vice versa if the truth be known). On my GT/CS the spoiler is now about 5-3/4" off the ground. Which is 1-1/2" lower than a standard GT (I think).
I will have to check out Breenspeed for those springs. Do you feel the difference in the ride?
Old 05-06-2008, 03:21 PM
nm3
4th Gear Member

The ride is firmer without question. But, It is very close to original. Not harsh at all. Handling is much improved.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:36 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

ORIGINAL: 03GT CONVERTIBLE LOU

Any one interested PM me & i will pm you back directions to the location. Just bring a check for $20 made out to ASMC& a slip of paper w/ your name & address & you can do it that way w/ no problem.
the more the merrier!!!!

NYstang- hemuts must be 2000 snell approved? DOT approved isnt gonna cut it.
pretty sure it is. Ill check when i go home this weekend.

so who else is in?

Quick Reply: upstate New York