North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

who in Philly is up for joining a Mustang club

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 12:32 AM
kastigar
1st Gear Member

Default RE: who in Philly is up for joining a Mustang club

depends how drunk i get after work friday. i will try to make it though.

dave

[IMG]local://upfiles/47011/DDC1752B847E48009C03A23329EB4E2F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

So far the weather looks good, see you there.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:59 PM
BoanHed
2nd Gear Member

Looks like we have ? 5... 6 people?

I can't believe that with all of the people in the Philly area driving Mustangs, this is all that are interested...

[>:]
Old 11-16-2006, 01:43 AM
kastigar
1st Gear Member

driving home today i was going about 35mph and went to move into the passing lane. my gas pedal floors itself and gets stuck. i dropped it into neutral. hit the brakes, tried to push in the gas. nothing. just keeps revving. i pull off into a parking lot and turn it off. gas pedal still stuck. after a few minutes, i call roadside assitance and then the pedal finally pops out. needless to say the car is at the dealership being looked at. thank god i dropped it quick enough and didnt hit anyone/anything.

not sure if i'll make it sat morning now...
Old 11-16-2006, 05:16 AM
Sacmo
2nd Gear Member

Glad everything turned out ok and no one got hurt (including your car), kudos on the quick thinking kastigar...

Keep in mind theres only 5 or 6 people in this forum that are interested, I'm sure theres a lot of other owners in the area that have never heard of this website that would be interested in doing something... I think something about a dues was mentioned earlier, one thing it would be used for is to make up flyers to spread the word around... Just a thought, somebody make up some flyers and everybody cruise around the Mills parking lot and stick them on any stangs you see... May get a few people stop buy to see whats up...

Let me know how it goes...
Old 11-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sacmo

Glad everything turned out ok and no one got hurt (including your car), kudos on the quick thinking kastigar...

Keep in mind theres only 5 or 6 people in this forum that are interested, I'm sure theres a lot of other owners in the area that have never heard of this website that would be interested in doing something... I think something about a dues was mentioned earlier, one thing it would be used for is to make up flyers to spread the word around... Just a thought, somebody make up some flyers and everybody cruise around the Mills parking lot and stick them on any stangs you see... May get a few people stop buy to see whats up...

Let me know how it goes...
I am glad to here you are OK Kastigar. I hope your car has only a minor problem, but it sounded scary.

The flyer is a good idea. I mentioned that there shouldn't be any need for a due. When you start talking club many people think there is a due to enter.

It may only be 5 or 6 people now, but word of mouth will do more. Also this isn't the time of the year most car clubs get started.

I am still going to be there Saturday. Think about what you want in a car club. What you would like to get out of being in a car club.

My thoughts of a club that doesn't just go to car shows. Maybe a club were we meet at various locations and go on a cruise, have a lunch or diner somewhere. Each member can have a turn at picking and directing the cruise and the route. That can be a way to spread it around. You can take others on your favorite cruise/driving spots.

If everyone talk to others maybe by next year it will be something bigger. We have the Winter to come up with a plan, Name, maybe a logo, make some official looking flyers.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:37 PM
BoanHed
2nd Gear Member

Ummm..... what happened to everyone today?
Old 11-18-2006, 07:48 PM
kastigar
1st Gear Member

i wanted to get there, but didnt get my car back until this afternoon. not to mention i havent been this hungover since the good ole college days. ouch.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:41 AM
EBBS_96_Cobra
2nd Gear Member

Rippin N Tarrin and I were the only two that met and cruised for a little bit.

Boanhed, where you there and we missed you? We we parked on the side of the Burger King. I know I got there around 12:15. I think we stayed there until around 2ish. Saw many Mustangs, but none came over...
Old 11-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

I got there about 11:30. EBBS 96 Cobra and I left about 2:00. Bonehed, what time where you there? We can always set something up again in the future. Keep in touch and talk to other people.

Quick Reply: who in Philly is up for joining a Mustang club