North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

who in Philly is up for joining a Mustang club

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: who in Philly is up for joining a Mustang club

The weather for Dec. 2nd is looking a little questionable. But I am still a go so far. Should we meet at the same place and same time or someplace else?
Old 11-27-2006, 11:21 AM
BoanHed
2nd Gear Member

Sunday isnt looking that bad actually.
Weather channel says Sunny with a high of 45!

The question is do we really want to be anywhere NEAR a mall?
Old 11-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

I been thinking of that for sometime. Most of the people interested are all over the area. The most central location would be near downtown Philly. But that isn’t a good place to meet and park cars. Most places that have parking lots for public use are shopping centers and parks. The only parks I know that have a parking lots are Tyler State park, Neshaminy State Park, Core Creek park they are all in Bucks county. I know of Pennypack Park in Philly but it doesn’t have much parking and it is hard to find.

Any Ideas?
Old 11-27-2006, 03:35 PM
EBBS_96_Cobra
2nd Gear Member

Maybe we can meet at like a college campus parking lot. I know Montgomery County Community College has a huge parking lot. It's along 202 (Dekalb Pike), and it being a weekend, shouldn't be too busy. Probably not the best place to meet, being that it's probably pretty far for most people (especially those coming from Jersey).

Other than schools, I know that where we met before wasn't too bad. It was a pretty large parking lot, and lots of room down by the Burger King. Not too sure, but I don't think it would get too crowded at that end of the lot. Just driving around there will be horrible.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:21 PM
BoanHed
2nd Gear Member

Well if you guys want to cross state lines, King of Pizza in Brooklawn is right over the Walt Whitman.
Nice big parking lot. Easy access. And pretty good food. (the fact that its like 2 minutes from me is just a bonus )

The bad news is I will probably be in the previously mentioned Kia. Just got word that my "minor knock" is a shredded rod bearing
and crank. So I am waiting to hear whether the warranty company is going to cover a rebuild or replacement engine.. bottom line
I wont be getting my GT back any time this week.
[:@][:@][:@]
Old 11-27-2006, 06:31 PM
BoanHed
2nd Gear Member

BAH... why is it that just because you drive a Mustang.. they always say the failure was caused by racing?

Anyone have an extra engine sitting around that they want to donate?

Old 11-28-2006, 12:52 AM
kastigar
1st Gear Member

i can't really think of any place i would try to organize a meeting down in the city. I know of some other strip mall areas with fairly large parking lots near me that aren't too far from I-95, but the difference between from them to franklin mills isn't that much. 10.5 miles by mapquest http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...DRESS&2pl=&r=f

i should be available sat or sunday this weekend and next...
Old 11-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

Well for now we should stay with Franklin Mills Mall. That part of the parking lot doesn't see many people parking that far away. For those that have never been to Franklin Mills Mall, it is set up with tha main Mall and then a bunch of strip malls around it with it's own network of roads.

The parking lot is right near Burger King in front of Super Fresh and Wal-Mart. There is also a Dicks Sporting goods in the same strip mall. Say around 12:00 noon

I think we can find a good place once we know where everyone is from and can map a point that is somewhere in the middle. Then over the winter drive around that area and look for a good spot.

We can actually have more then one spot. We can just establish a handful of spots and give them a name.

Old 11-28-2006, 03:55 PM
01BlueCobraVert
2nd Gear Member

I am going back home where I grew up to meet this new girl so i can not make it on the 2nd. If there is another date post it and I will try to make it. I am definitely interested so keep with the posts.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Sacmo
2nd Gear Member

The 2nd will be real tight for me, will try to make it, but I wouldn't put money on it... Be available Sunday, if not try for next meet... To the Jersey guys: sounds like we're all pretty close if you want to meet up sometime...

Quick Reply: who in Philly is up for joining a Mustang club