North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Paint Devil LLC

Old 04-23-2008, 01:03 AM
PaintDevil

Default RE: Paint Devil LLC

Greetings everyone,

I represent Paint Devil and we are located in Philadelphia PA...We are not a "Scam", we offer prepainted parts for any car and we also have relations with Cervini's in NJ. We pay full retail for Cervini's parts and we only make profit on painting the items. We charge a VERY FAIR rate to paint the parts, therefore if we sell say a hood for 700 dollars. And the hood cost 500 from Cervinis. We are marking up the hood 200 to paint. The CC# fee's would be 30+ dollars making it not practical. That is why we PREFER money order or checks. You CAN send us payment via google or paypal, we just upcharge for the fee's.

We are actually a body shop that specializes in minor body repair in the Philadelphia, South Jersey Area. We just started selling prepainted parts on the internet and thats why our pricing is low right now. We are trying to build up a "reputation", our prices will be raised in future. We will also be at Car Isle for the Ford Nationals
Old 04-23-2008, 01:20 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

maybe some pics of your operation for an introduction??
Old 04-23-2008, 01:30 AM
PaintDevil

I can show you some examples of parts we have done...We also have a website...www.paintdevilrepair.com

Here is a 05-08 Speedster Cover we did in Redfire Metallic Paint Code G2

Old 04-23-2008, 01:34 AM
PaintDevil

Here is picture Cervini's Lower Scoops Painted HP (High Performance White)

Old 04-23-2008, 01:40 AM
PaintDevil

Here is Cervini's C-Series 3 Piece wing paint UA (Black) Notice how PERFECT our paint job is, with EXTREME gloss and no flaws...

Old 04-23-2008, 01:47 AM
PaintDevil

The spoiler above was painted for customer, along with window scoops and side scoops in UA black. We forgot to take an after picture of the scoops but we have picture of them in primer and installed on car...

Old 04-23-2008, 01:48 AM
PaintDevil

We use PPG Delton Paint, and we offer lifetime warranty on all of our paint jobs. I can post up more pictures of work we do if needed. Thanks guys!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:43 PM
barebackbb

OK I have had experience with this vendor, unfortunately!!!!

I bought a set of prepainted side scoops from him

They arrived and looked like they had hail damage, I have pictures at the following link

http://209.30.253.219/irocky/

When I called the company about them, shawn hoffman told me that this was normal for cervini parts.

My experience with Cervini was minimal at this point, so I called cervini to ask them. The assured me that this isnot normal. These were flaws that the body shop should have sanded out before painting. They send instructions on how to paint their products.

I told shawn I was not happy with the quality of the paint, he agreed to repaint and fix the problem. I sent them back. I got the run around after that. After this seller had told me that they had been sent, he then backpedaled trying to tell me he never got them back.

I have filed claims with the Better Business Bureau, Internet Fraud Committee, Local Philadelphia PD and also my local Police.

I wish I could have talked to someone who did business with these criminals before they took me for over $300

Buyer beware here

Sincerely
Brian W Jones Ph.D.c
Old 07-30-2008, 09:06 PM
PaintDevil

When you ordered your side scoops, you insisted that we MUST get them done intime for your car show. We told you SEVERAL times that clearcoat does NOT FULLY harden for atleast 7 days...

You ordered on a Monday, we shipped your order out on a Wensday and you recieved them on Saturday for your car show.

The "hail damage" you are seeing is because the clearcoat was not fully hard and the bubble wrap created this effect. We told you it could wetsand and buff but you do not listen to us...

We told you to return them and you never did. I don't really know what to tell you. We did what we were suppose to do and you went against our guidance
Old 08-05-2008, 09:43 AM
03GTVert
2nd Gear Member

No offense intended here PainDevil... but you're screwing yourself over.

Even if your side of the story is absolutely true... a "good" shop would have refused a job that they knew would end up with poor results.

Yes, yes, I know, he insisted. So what. You should have said no.

To be honest, I think that people are giving you a bit of the shaft and not giving you a chance... but you're not helping things by your actions.

If you're going to do business over the internet, then you have to expect that everyone is going to be ultra suspicious until you DO have that "good reputation". You have to be ultra careful not to say anything in your ads that are commonly used by scammers. Such as the paypal thing. I can completely understand where you're coming from with the credit card fees, etc, but the proper way to handle it that wouldn't throw up red flags all over the place would have been to put in your ebay ad or whatever ad a notice that you charge an extra $35 or whatever when using paypal or credit cards due to the fees and your low profit margin. You might have annoyed some people with the higher cost... but they wouldn't worry so much that you're a scammer who's going to take the money and run.

Starting out a business is a tricky proposition in any environment. Starting one over the internet, especially one an industry that has 5 lousy dealers for every good one, is much, much harder. You have to be patient, avoid any APPEARANCE of dishonesty or "excuse mongering" and show great customer service.

For example, in the case above, I don't see much in the details, but I don't see any mention of tracking numbers. When you had him send it back, you should have specified that he must send it by a trackable method. If you didn't... then that was another dumb move on your part because if he sent it plain old US mail with no tracking... even if it DID get lost in the mail, HE'S going to accuse you of lying when you say you didn't get it and BOTH of you are going to have no way to prove differently. Lose-Lose situation.

On the other hand... you had a PRIME example of a way to get an amazing reputation on your hands and you blew it.

Think about what barebackbb would have said about you if you had just "eaten" the cost of the parts and sent him new ones... even if you felt you were in no way at fault.

If he had come on here with "These guys are awesome! I orderd some parts that the paint got messed up on in shipping and then got lost in the mail when I sent them back. They not only replaced the parts for free, but they look incredible. I'd recommend these guys in a heartbeat!"

Just my $.02, you can take it for what you paid for it, but over the years I've seen tons of new "shops" come and go on the car forums. The ones that make it don't make excuses... even when they're RIGHT! They make damned sure that they're covered with tracking numbers and by not accepting jobs they expect will not turn out perfect. They avoid "gimics" in their ads and anything that might be misconstued as "shady".

I hope you make it, I think that there's a good market for what you're trying to do, but only if you can keep from scaring people away.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paint Devil LLC