North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

buffalo ny

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:08 AM
lurchmuffins

Default buffalo ny

hey guys was wondering if anyone of you drive your mustang during the winter and what its like up here in buffalo..im looking at getting one but im a lil worried once that white **** starts flyiing around that i wont be able to go anywhere...are there pros and cons as to getting an auto or a MT to drive in the winter? im looking at a 2006 MT stang
Old 07-08-2008, 02:01 PM
nyc06gt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: buffalo ny

i went to college in buffalo, did not get my stang however until i moved back to NYC. the weather is rough, there is tons of salt - so you shuold be washing your chassis a lot if you decide to get one. 2 of my roomates had stangs. one had a 94 auto the other a 2001 auto (both 6 cyl). the one with the 94 hated driving his car in the winter but managed. then again he drives like ****. the one witht he 01 didnt really have any complaints.

where are you going to be living and commuting to in buffalo? certain areas are not in the snow band. if youre gonna be in the southern suburbs, youre going to get wrecked with snow. downtown area gets it pretty bad, UB south campus, buff state, canisius, same thing. if youre going to be around the UB north campus area, or just north in general youre not going to see tons of lake effect snow. i heard all this talk about buffalo and how much snow there is etc etc and i went to UB (north campus) and to be honest it wasnt that bad. and there were probably only 2 times i felt i wasin unsafe driving conditions and they were both when i was going downtown for something (then again i was driving a camry, not a mustang).

any questions yuo have feel free to ask here or PM - i just spent the last 4 years there