Obsessive Detail Your source for premier detailing products. We carry Poorboy's World, ClearKote, Optimum, Stoner, Lake Country, and Porter Cable.

Calling Juztang, the one and only person I'd trust with my new paint job.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 06:04 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Default Calling Juztang, the one and only person I'd trust with my new paint job.

Well its been long overdue, but I finally got my car painted in october, and besides quick detailer it hasn't seen anything yet because its been sitting in the garage for winter. I just need a full advice on how to deal with this, the car is grabber blue and white two tone. I need advice on what products to get off you, how often to use them, what order to use them, etc etc the full run down hehe. Wax?Glaze?Polish? hehe thanks in advance.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Well its been long overdue, but I finally got my car painted in october, and besides quick detailer it hasn't seen anything yet because its been sitting in the garage for winter. I just need a full advice on how to deal with this, the car is grabber blue and white two tone. I need advice on what products to get off you, how often to use them, what order to use them, etc etc the full run down hehe. Wax?Glaze?Polish? hehe thanks in advance.
Hey bud! Sorry took so long to answer your post, just noticed it!

To get the best possible finish I would go with the polish, glaze, and then a carnauba wax.

For a good polish you can't go wrong with either Optimum Hyper Polish or Meguiars M205. Then I would use my OD Wet Glaze next followed by my Wet Obsession wax. This combo will look excellent on your color.

You really only need to polish every 4-6 months. The glaze and wax is just personal preference, I like to layer both for extra depth and wetness. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:57 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Ok sounds good, should be placing an order soon. How many coats of each should i do and do I have to wait awhile between everything before moving to the next step. I plan on doing a full overhaul when winters over. What about washing technique and the wash?
Old 02-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

You only want to use a polish every 4-6 months as needed. As for the glaze and wax, you can apply as many layers as you like, it is really personal preference. Also, there is no waiting between applying products, you can put them on right after one another.

For washing the car you could use Optimum No Rinse and do one panel at a time and dry or you could use conventional washing method and use Optimum Car Wash, both products are awesome. I would use a good microfiber wash mitt like the one I carry. Also,you want to use high quality microfiber towels to dry with. My Amazing Dryer is really popular with my customers, the Ultra Premiums and Super Fly towels are also very popular to dry with as well as taking off wax and polishes with.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:11 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Awsom, almost spring so I'll be placing my order shortly, Just to confirm since im slow on this stuff. Come April the order to go is , polish, glaze, wax? Is it ok to use the polish and glaze even though the car was painted in october?
Old 02-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Awsom, almost spring so I'll be placing my order shortly, Just to confirm since im slow on this stuff. Come April the order to go is , polish, glaze, wax? Is it ok to use the polish and glaze even though the car was painted in october?
Yes, you got the order down correctly. Yes, your paint will be cured, so the products will be fine on there.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

205 coats and counting 2years and 1600 miles=I win lol
Old 05-20-2011, 05:25 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Placing order tooooooday.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Placing order tooooooday.
Thanks for the order bud! That shipped out today via USPS Priority, so you should be getting it pretty fast!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:54 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Lightening fast shipment, thats amazing. Well I'm gonna attempt the process today. So, polish, glaze, wax. Now I see the polish came in a squirt bottle can I use all these products by hand? I really do NOT wanna try using a buffer cause I never did before.

Last edited by uberstang1; 05-26-2011 at 05:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling Juztang, the one and only person I'd trust with my new paint job.