Ohio Regional Chapter Chapter President: OSUTX440

Ohio Cruise - June 4th Route

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 03:13 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by OSUTX440
Red,
Yeah, if we hit all the major highways and what not, an hour and a half is what it will take from Tipp City/Dayton to C-bus. But we are taking State Routes, not highways, and we are heading north on SR 68 to Urbana, which is about 20 mins out of our way, then taking SR's east, which will slow us up probably by another 30 mins, and then that puts us in NW C-bus. I am just taking into account the stoplights, the traffic...slower roads....and my estimation was a tad conservative to make sure those guys make it to the tribe game on time.
I was actually mapping it out for myself and just thought I'd post my findings.

Those times were from Google Maps exactly as described in each person's post (taking all the SR such as SR 68 to Urbana or 79 out of Newark, etc.). The only deviation I noted was the 36/77 one and that's only because google defaulted it in there and I noted the time difference before I changed it to take SR 93.

I don't know how accurate the Google times are but I thought it would give everybody a general idea.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:05 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

If we take I-77 all the way to Proggressive field it only takes an hour from QS&L...leave 30-45 minutes for tickets, parking, getting to seats we should leave canton by 5pm.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Cool, that oughta work then. Thanks Red. I agree that we'll want to leave QS&L by 5pm, which means we'll want to arrive there by 4pm, right? That should work with the timeline that our fearless leader proposed, provided we don't stop for too long in between legs.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:16 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

This is what I did earlier so I saved them to pictures. It might be helpful for people like me that pictures are worth a thousand words. Please let me know if any of this is wrong or needs changed.

First leg: Dayton to Columbus (OSUTX440)

Part 1 of Second leg: Columbus to Coshocton (Fridge56Vet)

Part 2 of Second leg: Coshocton to Strasburg (Fridge56Vet)

Part 3 of second leg: From Strasburg up I-77 to Canton's QSL: (Fridge56Vet/bakerjd)
Google Maps says about 26 minutes from Strasburg to QSL
**corrected map**

From there I figured a straight shot north on I-77 didn't neccessarily need a mapping.

Last edited by red07Pony; 05-16-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Those maps are pretty much what I had envisioned. Are we going to the QS&L in Canton or Akron, though? I guess I was thinking about the one south of the Airport near the big shopping strip in Canton. Either one works for me, just need to make sure we're all heading to the same one.

BTW, for all I know there is only one QS&L there, but the map didn't look like how I normally remember getting there off I-77. Apparently somebody's put a medal under my profile name that says I'm a 2nd guesser (hopefully only in good fun), but figured I'd provide an explanation. Besides, double checking keeps me from doing stupid things (which, you'll understand when you get to know me).

Last edited by Fridge56Vet; 05-15-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: BTW
Old 05-15-2011, 10:53 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Red,
Thanks for getting those together....that will save me some time. I will be printing off extra copies and be passing out my cell number for questions or in case someone gets lost.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:46 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

when you exit on 77 that image is wrong. You'll see an Everhard road exit and its on the right side, you can take that way but good luck getting directly into the turn lane on that exit. I would suggest going past that exit and getting off at Portage. Then turn right, and take the first right (promway ave NW) down to dressler. turn right again and it's right there on the right, you'll see it.

the reason that image is wrong is because QS&L was set as the "A" point so it was going FROM QS&L to strasburg...which in that case is 100% accurate.

Last edited by bakerjd; 05-16-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
when you exit on 77 that image is wrong. You'll see an Everhard road exit and its on the right side, you can take that way but good luck getting directly into the turn lane on that exit. I would suggest going past that exit and getting off at Portage. Then turn right, and take the first right (promway ave NW) down to dressler. turn right again and it's right there on the right, you'll see it.

the reason that image is wrong is because QS&L was set as the "A" point so it was going FROM QS&L to strasburg...which in that case is 100% accurate.
Ok, that's what threw me, then. I though that Exit 109 sounded right.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:19 AM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd

Oops....yep, I had to find QSL first and mapped it and then went the wrong direction.... So I edited the post to have the corrected map per your instructions because google did take it the other exit ramp so I changed it.

If there is anything else that you guys want changed just let me know. Hope that is helpful to everybody.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:27 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

the only thing I noticed on the edited route is that you don't need to go all the way to whipple, just take promway and you get there a little quicker and bypass getting on whipple (busy)

thanks for all your help Red, we all appreciate it!

I just wanted to let you guys know that I probably won't be able to make the Indians game. I have to work the night before (I work midnights), I'm attending a camaro vs. mustang show in Brimfield that morning and should be at QS&L around 3:30 for the cruise. I'll just be too tired for the game and I'm still planning on cruising around with you guys. Can't wait!!!

Quick Reply: Ohio Cruise - June 4th Route