Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Strut question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 10:06 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Default Strut question...

My struts and shocks are definitely in need of a replacement since they are Motorcrafts from the factory. BUT would new struts help with how far the nose dips left and ride during a long sweeping hard corner or is that all in the spring pretty much? This is not a question of the sway bar either so don't ask or throw out opinions on that. My fox is being built for the street/road course. It currently has 275/40/17's in all 4 corners and the front likes to rub a little at the center of the fender's outer lip.

Currently has
-stock struts/shocks
-BBK specific rate springs (bought cheap, didn't pick thinking they were the best)
-stock front/rear sway bar
-Griggs Racing pan hard bar
-Griggs Racing torque arm
-stock lower control arms

I still need a few upgrades, I know.

But again, would new struts help with how far the nose dips left and ride during a long sweeping hard corner or is that all in the spring pretty much?
Old 07-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

I know it's been a while . . .

Struts and shocks don't particularly affect how far the car heaves, pitches, or rolls, but do affect how quickly that happens - and will control how much "overshoot" happens.

I'd look at what either Sam Strano (www.stranoparts.com) or Maximum Motorsports can do for you.

In the future, suspension questions for your year car are probably best handled in the 'Suspension' section, which hasn't been around all that long yet and people may not know about it.

Norm