Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Anyone running this setup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 01:48 AM
UT04GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Anyone running this setup?

I have a 04 GT right now (cash depending) I am looking to get a O/R X pipe, flowmaster or bassani catback (depending on cash), steeda CAI, and I was curious how much a chip reprogram would run but that probably also. Looking at the info from the products it would seem like that combo would add a low-end estimated dyno'd 35ish HP. Anyone have these and what kind of gains did you get?
Old 04-21-2004, 08:45 AM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone running this setup?

Well an offroad x-pipe is cheap less than 200. Maganflow and BBK make nice ones. As far as the exhaust, x-pipes typically do not sound good with flowmasters, bassani is mucho expensive. I recommand Stainless steel. Aluminized systems just don't cut it anymore. A SS from bassani is easily over 500. I would recommend a Maganflow catback or any straight through design to clean up the sound a little usually run around 350.

With the O/R x-pipe you will need O2 MILs which run under a 100 for the set. Steeda is an expensive intake, C&L setups are much nicer and not as much money and I haven't heard a complaint about them yet.

Chips run anywhere from 300 to 400 depending on who you go with and what you get with it.

You don't want HP at the low end you want torque at the low end and HP high in the RPM band. Bolt-ons like this may give you 35hp. With a chip yeah 35hp would be a good guess, without it, nope, 25hp.

A timing adjuster and underdrive pullies will get you closer to your goal.