Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Teh flowmasters are comin - teh magnaflows are goin

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Teh flowmasters are comin - teh magnaflows are goin

ORIGINAL: NicksMeanGT

yah JD, the inside sound gets annoying sometimes, but i can live w/it. The sound of my flows turns heads like crazy and when i get them lts and prochamber soon, i hope to be even louder.

good choice md. lol, it was just like a month ago when it seemed like everyone on this forum HATED flows but hell i won't give em up fo nobody.[:@]
Everybody on this forum did hate flowmastes a month ago. Everybody was to busy ejaculating to magnaflows to realize that the difference in power between the two is so minimal that you might as well buy for the sound. But now one of the main posters is going to buy flowmasters so everybody is looking at them differently now.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Not Me!
I want that Straight Thru Performance!

Why bother with chambered?
Old 07-28-2004, 06:52 PM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nomocobra

im with greg...if you want to sound like you have *****, dual electric cut outs after the headers. now thats loud.
Exactly! hinking of doing that myself.....hehehe
Old 07-28-2004, 06:55 PM
StangMang
5th Gear Member

where do u get dual electric cut outs???
Old 07-28-2004, 06:56 PM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Razor19

yah JD, the inside sound gets annoying sometimes, but i can live w/it. The sound of my flows turns heads like crazy and when i get them lts and prochamber soon, i hope to be even louder.

good choice md. lol, it was just like a month ago when it seemed like everyone on this forum HATED flows but hell i won't give em up fo nobody.[:@]
Everybody on this forum did hate flowmastes a month ago. Everybody was to busy ejaculating to magnaflows to realize that the difference in power between the two is so minimal that you might as well buy for the sound. But now one of the main posters is going to buy flowmasters so everybody is looking at them differently now.
HAHA!!! everyone still does! That is everyone who wants the most performance! You'll put CAI on your car +5 hp but take it away by using flows instead of Magnas???
Old 07-28-2004, 07:17 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

I still am in agreement that Magnaflows own all others as far as performance is concerned, they also are the quietest of them all as well. Some people prefer the silent but deadly approach - I want loud and obnoxious. If my taste changes, I'll put the magnaflows back on. We'll see how everything turns out in a couple days.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:23 PM
StangMang
5th Gear Member

i'm still on the hunt for that DEEP, throaty sound at idle...my stang has it but not loud enough...i'm thinking i should buy some headers and on X-pipe. Maybe that will do it....or drop downs!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:46 PM
bull8t
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangMang

i'm still on the hunt for that DEEP, throaty sound at idle...my stang has it but not loud enough...i'm thinking i should buy some headers and on X-pipe. Maybe that will do it....or drop downs!
I think every fox body should have turn downs. The sound bouncing off the pavement is noice.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:32 PM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04ShakinSteed

ORIGINAL: Razor19

HAHA!!! everyone still does! That is everyone who wants the most performance! You'll put CAI on your car +5 hp but take it away by using flows instead of Magnas???
Apparently everyone doesnt seeing as how I can name a few people on this forum who prefer MAC or flowmaster over Magna. Flowmasters dont take away hp they add hp not much but they still add hp over stock. I give magnaflows maybe 3 hp over flowmasters but maganflows also cost $100-200 more than flowmasters or MAC's so they should perform and sound better. I believe that magnaflow does flow better and gives u more hp than flowmasters (not much but some) but I still have yet to see dyno graphs to show how much and to prove that this is true.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:42 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

if i wanted a change i would swap out my mufflers for mac i like the sound of mac.
MD wants to hear his car rumble at idle. mags are quiet at idle but loud as hel at wot. all these exhasuts have a personality. just pick the one that fits your personality. but i gotta say and i think everyone agrees that MDs car sounded bad *** in that video. well what you can hear of it over M&M. lol

Quick Reply: Teh flowmasters are comin - teh magnaflows are goin