Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Paxton/Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 03:04 AM
94Cbra
4th Gear Member

Default Paxton/Vortech

While I'm waitin on this damn Jeep to sell, Ive been lookin into several different power adders. I'm doing some more in depth research on Paxton and Vortech superchargers. With a proper tune and 93 octane fuel, would detonation still be a problem being non-intercooled? Which between the two would you guys go with and, why?

Edit: Also, does anyone know which unit would be louder? I really like that whine .
Old 10-30-2004, 03:08 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Paxton/Vortech

Detonation wont be a problem. Get a tune and if I were you I would look into a Kenne Bell Twin screw. If not that then go Vortech.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Redline03GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

Detonation wont be a problem. Get a tune and if I were you I would look into a Kenne Bell Twin screw. If not that then go Vortech.
^[sm=exactly.gif]
Stole the words right from my mouth.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:08 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Edit: Also, does anyone know which unit would be louder? I really like that whine
That whine you like is a roots or twin screw blower. The centrifugal style blower you mentioned has a whistle at idle and once you are on the gas it goes away like it isnt even there.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:22 AM
94Cbra
4th Gear Member

Sorry about making my post sound so generalized. I know all about Centrifugal/Roots/Screw blowers. All I'm needing is brand specific information. When I said "whine" I meant the idle noise. KBs do sound sick on throttle and 8PSI at 2k is appealing but, right now I'm in the process of finding out what the best buy would be for a Centrifugal Blower. Like I said, I was wanting some first hand opinions on which brand you guys would choose (Paxton or Vortech) and why you would choose either one. I plan on taking this information and comparing it to my pricing and research of N20 systems, Procharger, and Kenne Bell. This is my last little phase of research before I purchase a power adder so any opinions/information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:35 AM
94GTNick
1st Gear Member

go procharger, there will be less chance of detonation with the procharger because the cooler air charge. plus you can run higher boost on pump gas and not have to pull your timing back. just get a air fuel meter and you should be able to tune it yourself.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:42 AM
94GTNick
1st Gear Member

oh yeah if you want help with choosing a SC, I would say call up kennedy's dyno tune, the guy is super nice and sat on the phone with me for 40 minutes 3 times before i bought anything. He sells kb, paxton,powerdyne,vortech, and procharger. He can tell you the plus and minus of each one. He doesnt try and force anything on you either. there website is www.kennedysdynotune.com if you wanna check it out.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:12 AM
87mustang347
3rd Gear Member

yah go with procharger. vortech is way to expensive and paxton doesnt offer an intercooler for ur yr car, i dont think, procharger is a self contained unit which meens u wont have to drill **** into ur oil pan and the intercooled unit is cheaper then most vortech and oaxton kits with the same amount of boost
Old 10-31-2004, 11:15 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

the Novi1000 blows, the base s series from Vortech is nice, and sure Procharger comes intercooled but that doesnt mean its "better" than Vortech. I chose an un intercooled vortech over a Procharger and Im happy with my decision. I will likely get the aftercooler down the road as well, and you can get kits to use the Paxton intercooler with a Vortech if you prefer a/a
Old 10-31-2004, 02:49 PM
94GTNick
1st Gear Member

the thing is, vortech doesn't make a aftercooler for the 94-95gt or cobra you would have to buy a procharger intercooler and fit it to the vortech. which im guessing would be alittle trouble, or just make your own intercooler route your own pipes. but that will not be worth it. a vortech just doesnt seem like a good choice for a sn95 car if you want intercooled boost. It will probably cost a grand more to intercool a vortech anyway.

Quick Reply: Paxton/Vortech