Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Magnapack fitment?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 09:31 PM
94Cbra
4th Gear Member

Default Magnapack fitment?

Before I buy this system I was wanting to make sure you guys with it didnt have any major fitment problems. Any funny pipe lengths or wacky measurements I should know about? I dont know much about Magnaflow's quality, though I have heard its very good stuff. Just wondering if im in for any surprises, because my flows on the old 96GT had one pipe longer than the other, its the way the kit came [:'(]. Packs are pricey and Id hate to spend the money on a system that doesnt fit correctly.

Edit: Also, are there any places online that I could get a better price to order this system from? I guess the sites I'm lookin on arent that great. Ninosport doesnt even offer Packs for Foxes [:@]. Im having a hard time finding a Magnapack System for a 94 Cobra. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:54 PM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Magnapack fitment?

Fit will work out 100%...guaranteed!

If you want the best prices, you need to call them directly.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:00 AM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

No fitment problems. hardest part was getting the passenger axle over tube, took about 15mins to figure how to do it with out dissassembiling the suspension. Just leave everything loose until you are satisfied with the clearance.

Good rule of thumb if you can wrap your hand aroundth pipe and it's not being crushed or moving somehting out of place you have enough clearance.

Take your time around the tank, I have heard of people not getting it perfect and letting it run the tank!!
Old 11-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94Cbra

Before I buy this system I was wanting to make sure you guys with it didnt have any major fitment problems. Any funny pipe lengths or wacky measurements I should know about? I dont know much about Magnaflow's quality, though I have heard its very good stuff. Just wondering if im in for any surprises, because my flows on the old 96GT had one pipe longer than the other, its the way the kit came [:'(]. Packs are pricey and Id hate to spend the money on a system that doesnt fit correctly.

Edit: Also, are there any places online that I could get a better price to order this system from? I guess the sites I'm lookin on arent that great. Ninosport doesnt even offer Packs for Foxes [:@]. Im having a hard time finding a Magnapack System for a 94 Cobra. Thanks.
You said you already have a flowmaster catback in there right?
So why not just swap the mufflers?
You're going to have to angle one of the mufflers a bit so it fits (because flows have different inlet outlets while Packs are straight thru)

That's what I did and saved a bit o cash.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:41 AM
94Cbra
4th Gear Member

Nope, I got stock muffs and tails and they are loud as hell but restrictive. They sound like a baby Loud Mouth System. I really like the pack sound.

EDIT: I have been looking literally every website that Magnaflow directed me to and finally found one that offers a catback for a 94 Cobra! I was getting frustrated, glad I found it, not I dont have to settle for a Flowmaster exhaust.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:49 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Well, why not just buy the mufflers and just have some reliable muffler shop install new tailpipes along with it?
Old 11-06-2004, 03:03 AM
94Cbra
4th Gear Member

Thats a good sugestion, now I just have to find a worth-shiat muffler shop which are hard to come by. One last question on the Packs, I know its been answered before but tell me again to make me feel better; the packs are louder than flows right? I like loud exhaust A LOT. Also, if I buy just the mufflers, could the exhaust shop fab a catback with the OEM style stainless pipes and tails? Thats it with my questions! I promise, thanks a bunch everyone!
Old 11-06-2004, 03:07 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

You're going to love when you let off the gas when up high in the rpms
Sounds like a damn Harley!
Well I don't think they could screw up just using a 2.5" pipeing for Tail pipes...
So why not?
Old 11-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I miss my packs [&:]

Quick Reply: Magnapack fitment?