Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Installing Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 03:11 PM
InMyRearView
1st Gear Member

Default Installing Supercharger

Please,please,please get gauges. As far as a dyno tune, you may want to dyno it just to make sure everthing is set the way it should be and get an idea of what kind of hp you're putting out, A:F ratio, and making sure you dont get detonation if you're not acquainted with the s/c game. Chips are known to not have the right tune sometimes. But definitely dont let any of this scare you or discourage you.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:22 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

The generic chips vortech and other supercharger companies give you are designed for completely stock engines, any other mods you do, like longtube headers, cam changes, throttle body change, etc WILL cause your AF ratio to change, and more often than not it will lean out on then top end and run rich o the low end. On an otherwise stock motor you will be fine simply bolting it on assuming you keep the boost in check. </P>

To be absolutely safe it is best to get a custom dyno tune, as the chip or a reflash can keep the AF and timing exactly where it needs to be throughout the entire rpm range. My advice, if your not gonna get a custom tune, make sure you have a good set of gauges and ears to listen for detonation. I'm gonna run 10 lbs of boost on a generic custom tune (tuned for mods instead of stock), and I don't feel the least bit concerned... but I will be very cautious for the first few runs after the supercharger goes on.</P>

Thats my $.02 on this subject</P>
Old 10-08-2003, 04:37 AM
mrfordgt91

what kind of car are you putting it on richman?
Old 10-16-2003, 02:44 AM
tyybo
3rd Gear Member

so with EVERYTHIGN that goes with a super, what ru we talkin price range
Old 10-17-2003, 11:53 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

3750 is what Im paying for everything, all parts and the dyno tune. Of course Im intalling mine myself, but the typical install price is an addition 500 bucks most places.
Old 10-18-2003, 12:30 AM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

just read the instruction twice and do it once....boost and fuel pressure gauge are a must...just take your time and plan on a full weekend ,check everything twice. the only scary part is the hole in the pan..but you can also run off the "t" where the oil sending unit is. use modil 1 oil and 1 step cooler plugs and timing around 8 degree if this is for a fox....don't be skeeerd just be careful
good luck