Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

$1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tha187Rookie
wow, i just read all 27 pages of this thread and i cant believe how many people asked the same questions over and over, lol...but besides that, FROST.. YOU ARE A GOD! seriously, i cant even wait to start savin up some money to start piecing this thing together, i feel like i learned so much about superchargers that i definately did not know before...this is the best thread i think i have ever read on a forum, period, its just too bad so many people know about it, makes it hard to find a headunit =] lol...

i would be very interested if there was a similar write up for a turbo kit ;] hint hint, lol
thanks! alot of people getting supercharged nowadays. Its great. Turbo cant be done for nearly as cheap. Actually it will be expensive. Even the cheap On3Performance kit will cost you $3500 before its said and done. I was fortunate enough to be able to get the Hellion kit a year ago and it cost me every bit of $6k. But it is quality and will last. Ill be hanging onto it for awhile.

Originally Posted by stangalator
I just spent alot of my money this spring on my pi swap, now I'm going to save for this and buy stuff slowly :P

i found this deal for a lightning maf and 42's for 300 bones new:

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/pr..._id=635cPath=9

I still need to install my MMFLSFC's but I'm going to keep my eyes open for a good head unit

Frost is the man for posting this thread! props!

one question however, there isn't any thing wrong with running 8 psi inter-cooled on a pi swapped GT right? It should be inter-cooled of course because of the 10.2:1 ratio

oh and anyone get an aftermarket knock sensor? The guy dynoing my car was surprised that I didnt have one (he tunes vw's and Subarus at his shop)
Yes you can run 8psi it just has to get a good dyno tune. My advice is that when your ready to get tuned, take it to a shop that specializes in mustangs
Old 11-15-2009, 07:37 PM
CammedMysticCobra
1st Gear Member

I have to say that is very cheap for a whole charger kit really good post lost of usefull info.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Sonic04

"I am selling my Vortech supercharger. This is a V-1 S-Trim blower with the bracket (attached), blow off valve, oil feed line, oil drain tube, Anderson Powerpipe, and extra hoses and lines. All you will need to complete this is a discharge pipe, upgraded injectors/MAF/fuel pump, and a tuner. I am selling this because I am getting rid of my Mustang so I will not be needing this anymore. I chose the V-1 over the V-2 because the V-1 can make more boost (you can spin it faster than the V-2). The blower is in great condition, it spins freely with no play at all. it has the 2.87 8 rib pulley on it (which can be used if you have an 8 rib or 6 rib accessory belt setup). Please let me know if you have any questions at all. Thanks...!!

I do have a Vortech power cooler and reservoir but you will need to get your own heat exchanger to complete that setup. This will come at an additional cost so let me know if you are interested.

I also have a set of 8 44lb Bosch injectors with a matching 95mm P-MAS MAF sensor that I can sell for an additional cost so let me know if you are interested.

Let me know if you'd like to buy everything as a package deal and we can work something out. I'm not looking to make a killing off of any of these items so feel free to shoot me some reasonable offers, we can negotiate whatever you think is reasonable. I have pictures of everything and I can take more if you would like me to email them to you...see my other auctions..."

This is on ebay right now, search Vortech SuperChargers

1k for a lot of what you need isn't bad?? good write up too ;]
Old 11-21-2009, 10:23 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

This post is a new hope for me I am already about to put in my CMS stage 1 cams. I also have 75mm TB and plenum and o/r x with some flows. How much power do you guys think I would make with the s trim blower and the stage 1 cms n/a cams? I know I should use blower cams but I already got a great deal on these and I am sure they will be better than stock I hopefully will be getting the injectors and MAF sensor for xmas. I have the sniper tuning software also. Will I be able to go ahead and run the 90mm MAF with stock intake as long as I tune for it in Sniper? I know there is an option in there for it. I am sure I should have no problems running the injectors with my current setup as long as I add it to my tune. And I have a A/F ratio gauge installed too. Seems the hardest part is finding a cheap blower these days Thanks for all the help so far!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:19 PM
bigpiken
1st Gear Member

Hey Sonic, Contact me im very interested in getting this whole thing as a Kit..Holla at me when you get a chance
Old 12-16-2009, 07:15 PM
atrain59
1st Gear Member

I have a 97 gt and i have the money to buy everything but im having a hard time finding a head unit i would prefer the s-trim and what rotation do i need?
Old 12-16-2009, 07:27 PM
atrain59
1st Gear Member

So if i buy all the bracket, discharge, air intake, oil feed, and oil drain assembly which comes out to $688 all im going to need to buy to finish it is the head unit 42# injectors and a 255 fuel pump and that's it right?
Old 12-17-2009, 08:15 AM
phillip_w
1st Gear Member

you will also need a turner and someone to tune the car. From what I have been finding I can get a used tuner for a couple hundred, and get it tuned for $500.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by atrain59
So if i buy all the bracket, discharge, air intake, oil feed, and oil drain assembly which comes out to $688 all im going to need to buy to finish it is the head unit 42# injectors and a 255 fuel pump and that's it right?
more than likely also need a lightning 90mm mass air flow meter and be sure that you have a useable external IAT sensor. If you dont then youll have to add one. get the svt focus fuel pump
Old 12-21-2009, 10:30 AM
phillip_w
1st Gear Member

more than likely also need a lightning 90mm mass air flow meter and be sure that you have a useable external IAT sensor. If you dont then youll have to add one. get the svt focus fuel pump
Be sure when you get the 90mm it is calibrated for your injectors.

Quick Reply: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"