Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Safe Shot for ford racing mot

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 05:35 PM
T5superduty
3rd Gear Member

Default Safe Shot for ford racing mot

Hey VFAST what do you mean no thats not in any magazine either ? Were you talking about the horsepower claim I made ? Because I have the issue. And i'm not giving anyone any s**t but I mean 250 shot on a stock motor is just unheard of for me. I said it was a stock production short block which has 9.0:1 compression so that means they are hyperutectic pistons or whatever they used. I am not sure what year pistons,rods etc that they used but i'm guessing hyperutectic it what I am stuck with for now.</P>
Old 09-16-2003, 06:01 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

just to let you know when it comes to engines I want all the facts. one left out detail can have bad things happen..the safe shot is all in the eyes of the beholder some think (nos) isn't safe at all...some put a ton in it..me I don't play with throw on a 100 shot and go...most engines I do are between 10-20k ton of cash to burn a pistonor have an intake blow up...hope you see me point..
Old 09-17-2003, 01:53 AM
T5superduty
3rd Gear Member

yup
Old 09-17-2003, 01:56 AM
T5superduty
3rd Gear Member

I would ony use it if i knew for a fact everything was set up correctly and it wasnt going to blow my motor after a few times of usage</P>
Old 09-17-2003, 04:55 PM
stang574
2nd Gear Member

I recommend starting out small (especially if you don't have any experience with nitrous use) and go from there. I'm sure the motor can handle more, but nitrous is something you want to sneak up on big power usuage. Start small, read the plugs, if everything looks alright go up from there. You got to start somewhere, and I wouldn't start huge unless i was sure of the combination, air/fuel ratio, correct nitrous mix, timing retard and plug usuage. But thats just me. But safe isn't always fun for some people. So, if you got the money put on whatever you want.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:43 AM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

*L*...your right it isn't fun..
try a 75 shot see how the supension works.....you might be happy with it..personaly I would progress the nitrous in with maybe a 2 sec delay so you'll be out of first when it hits..something to think about
Old 09-21-2003, 09:53 PM
makarovboy
2nd Gear Member

My thoughts exactly vfast. If he knows all this s**t, why is he asking and then correcting everybody?
Old 09-21-2003, 11:01 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Originally Posted by stang574
I recommend starting out small (especially if you don't have any experience with nitrous use) and go from there. I'm sure the motor can handle more, but nitrous is something you want to sneak up on big power usuage. Start small, read the plugs, if everything looks alright go up from there. You got to start somewhere, and I wouldn't start huge unless i was sure of the combination, air/fuel ratio, correct nitrous mix, timing retard and plug usuage. But thats just me. But safe isn't always fun for some people. So, if you got the money put on whatever you want.
</P>

thats good advice</P>
Old 09-22-2003, 10:58 AM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

I agree..also reading plug is a lost art so to speak..one thing you need to click the engine off at the lights and coast in to read them even remotely close....a dyno would be better in a some what controlled envir. putting a 75-100 on and go is not the most eff. was to go...but is the cheapest...friend of mine which I think is one of the best nitrous tuners around....has shown me a .5 sec differce in using a 150 shot different ways acording to the engine's power curve...I was, to say the least shocked..
Old 09-22-2003, 09:33 PM
T5superduty
3rd Gear Member

Hey <SPAN class=bold>makarovboy </SPAN>are you talking about me ?

Quick Reply: Safe Shot for ford racing mot