Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

I want to make babies cry and old people have heart attacks

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 04:12 AM
J M F O

Default I want to make babies cry and old people have heart attacks

I just bought myself a 2001 GT, first car I've ever bought, and I'm pretty excited about it. But I want to get myself an exhaust system thats so loud that babies will cry and old people will have heart attacks when they hear it. I was looking into it a little bit, and talking to some friends of mine, but they're really just confusing me. One of my buddies told me to get an H-pipe, then when I started researching them I found stuff for H-pipes and X-pipes, which of the two is better? Then the other question, one friend reccommended I get an SLP loudmouth, while the other reccommended Flowmaster. I want to get a real deep, badass, sound. You know, like of the gates of hell were to open up and an army of Mustangs come hauling *** out of there? Thats what I want. So if you guys could help me out, throw some suggestions out there, and try to learn me a thing or two about this stuff, I would appreciate it.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:24 AM
HAUS
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I want to make babies cry and old people have heart attacks

well you dint say whether or not you have to pass emissions. but if you dont. this is just in my opinion but LT headers, shorty off road H pipe and 2 chamber flows or SLP loudmouths.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:09 AM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: J M F O

I just bought myself a 2001 GT, first car I've ever bought, and I'm pretty excited about it. But I want to get myself an exhaust system thats so loud that babies will cry and old people will have heart attacks when they hear it. I was looking into it a little bit, and talking to some friends of mine, but they're really just confusing me. One of my buddies told me to get an H-pipe, then when I started researching them I found stuff for H-pipes and X-pipes, which of the two is better? Then the other question, one friend reccommended I get an SLP loudmouth, while the other reccommended Flowmaster. I want to get a real deep, badass, sound. You know, like of the gates of hell were to open up and an army of Mustangs come hauling *** out of there? Thats what I want. So if you guys could help me out, throw some suggestions out there, and try to learn me a thing or two about this stuff, I would appreciate it.
if you go TOO loud, its not going to stay deep, either way, get LT's (long tube headers) with no cats and then whatever catback you want, flowmasters are pretty good if you like them.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:19 AM
GTron
1st Gear Member

I'm a Bassani fan myself.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:40 AM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

I like bassani a lot, if I did it over again, Id do full bassani exhaust.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Acer2428
Site Mod

BBK ceramic Long Tube headers, Mac Off-Road H-pipe, SLP loudmouth 1's.

Doesn't get much louder than that... Oh, you could just run cutouts...

P.S. Have fun getting pulled over
Old 02-23-2005, 11:17 AM
SCARFACE
3rd Gear Member

your going to have problems with me because I won't like it if you make my baby cry, and I sure don't want for my gradma to die either, LOL! - careful, in some areas of the states cops will stop you if they consider your car is too loud, they do that all the time here in south cali.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:58 AM
cepowers18
3rd Gear Member

The catted x-pipe made mine a lot deeper... so I would say go with the off road X if you want it REALLY loud. Replace your headers (shorty equal, unequal, or LT) and like everyone else says... any catback & that should make it loud enough. Bassani, Flowmaster, and SLP are all good choices

G/L!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:08 PM
DaMach04
4th Gear Member

I have a full Bassani on my 2004 Mach 1 and i draw attention everywhere i go. I cant go to any "car related event" and not get numerous compliments on how agressive and how good and lound my car is. And with the full bassani system, when you step on the gas, you will definatley beable to hear it and feal it. You will also be unique , some what, most people have flowsmasters or maganaflows, but not as many people have bassanis. They are kinda pricey but they are well worth it. I would suggest bassani over anything else. Make them babues cry and make those hearts explode with fear.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:23 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

mmmm... i'd say magnaflow catted X & SLP Loudmouth 1s, or mag catted H. with just that combo without the headers will shake the ground and people will hear you coming a mile away. i don't know about going o/r midpipe with loudmouths, it may just sound loud with no bass then. if you go o/r, i'd say get Loudmouth 2s, those are deeper than 1s to begin with, but not as loud. they're still loud as hell though.

Quick Reply: I want to make babies cry and old people have heart attacks