Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

procharger D1SC vs. KB 2.6l

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 02:02 AM
scubasteve22
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: procharger D1SC vs. KB 2.6l

so far 12.4 @117.8 on street tires and my first day at the track and 60ft was 1.98 i think. better than i expected but also full weight(+some little things in the trunk and mach 1000 with the 2 10's and like 100amps and a safety kit lol)and almost a completely full tank of gas. not making excuses cause i was happy with it but with more practice i am told 11's. also the stock clutch shouldent be around for too much more. but just gotta wait till next season when the track re-opens
Old 12-11-2007, 01:44 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doug0122

im currently in iraq and im wondering which of these kits to purchase...their both around the same price and they both are neck and neck when it comes to power...anyone with some firsthand experience enlighten me here...

Honestly you will most likely get a 50/50 split when it comes to the centri vs twin screw debate. It's all about personal preference and how you plan on using the car. Most people who have a centri will side with the procharger and people who have KB's will side with the KB 2.6l. I will say this though... do some research on this forum and others.. There is one thing i have noticed.. I have seen centri owners say they wish they had a KB but I have yet to see a KB owner who says they wish they had a centri.

Good luck!
Old 12-11-2007, 01:54 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: shadowfoxx

im currently in iraq and im wondering which of these kits to purchase...their both around the same price and they both are neck and neck when it comes to power...anyone with some firsthand experience enlighten me here...

Honestly you will most likely get a 50/50 split when it comes to the centri vs twin screw debate. It's all about personal preference and how you plan on using the car. People who have a centri will side with the procharger and people who have KB's will side with the KB 2.6l. I will say this though... do some research on this forum and others.. There is one thing i have noticed.. I have seen centri owners say they wish they had a KB but I have yet to see a KB owner who says they wish they had a centri.

Good luck!
P1 and v2 S trim owners, yes. once you get a bigger centri, there's no going back. T trim ftw!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:09 PM
avexhype
3rd Gear Member

i dont have either but i HAVE ridden in a 1.7 kb car and a v2 vortech car. I say.......centri FTW!!! Maybe im a lil biased towards them since i came from turbo v6's before going v8, but damn the way the power came on the centri was really exciting... like a surge then rush that never stopped pulling!!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:13 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

ORIGINAL: shadowfoxx

Honestly you will most likely get a 50/50 split when it comes to the centri vs twin screw debate. It's all about personal preference and how you plan on using the car. People who have a centri will side with the procharger and people who have KB's will side with the KB 2.6l. I will say this though... do some research on this forum and others.. There is one thing i have noticed.. I have seen centri owners say they wish they had a KB but I have yet to see a KB owner who says they wish they had a centri.

Good luck!
P1 and v2 S trim owners, yes. once you get a bigger centri, there's no going back. T trim ftw!
Have you ever owned a KB Nanaki?... Just curious.. If so then I need to update to say "...but I have only seen 1 KB owner say they wish they had a centri" lol.

Plus the new big bore series KB's (like the 2.6l)go higher in the rmp range then the older models.... and if you want to pull out the big boys then he could actually slap on the KB 2.8L.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

I'd get the KB just cuz you get a discount!

I have a procharger and love it.. BUt... the whine of a Kenne Bell is unreal.. I'd trade for sure..

I like how centri blower cars run like a 2 stroke dirtbike though.. no power until 3 grand then bam..
Old 12-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Fobra
Banned

you would be well into the 11's with a centri scuba

and shadow the new KBs are half as great as they are made out to be, the whipple is a better unit.. The Kbs dont even sound good anymore, and as far as higher rpm operation, not really... they have made them to turn like 500 more rpm... but still dont make the power by comparison to a centri or a turbo... there are many great reasons to buy a twin screw, but comparing the performance of them to a turbo or a centri of comparable cost is not one of them.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:07 AM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banned

you would be well into the 11's with a centri scuba

and shadow the new KBs are half as great as they are made out to be, the whipple is a better unit.. The Kbs dont even sound good anymore, and as far as higher rpm operation, not really... they have made them to turn like 500 more rpm... but still dont make the power by comparison to a centri or a turbo... there are many great reasons to buy a twin screw, but comparing the performance of them to a turbo or a centri of comparable cost is not one of them.
Well, everybody has their opinion on the subject but not sure I totally agree with you on that. If you want to get into the centri vs twin screw debate then like I said even if you talk about the big guns... he could get the KB 2.8L which puts down mad hp. We will have to agree to disagree...But really this is all irrelevent b/c he said in a different post that its going to be a daily driver and IMO for a kick ***, fun to dirve, daily driver which can pull in great numbers at the track on weekends its the KB all the way.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:51 PM
scubasteve22
3rd Gear Member

just out of curiosity i dont think half the people who debate this have been in a car with both style blowers (including myself). but everyone always praises how hard the centris pull up top till redline but of course takes till like 3k rpms to kick in. All i know about a twin screw(my KB) pulls hard no matter what the rpms and i never feel it stop pullin till i let off the gas, like i have had alot of people get in my car and go wow this thing pushes u into the seat right away and like holds u in there, it pulls really hard. So just wondering but why do all the centri people use that their car pulls so much harder through the last few thousand rpms when a KB pulls hard and almost full boost at instant throttle? and i am just wondering cause i have never been in a centri powered car.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Fobra
Banned

because a centri car will win a race, even with (normally) 50 less hp.. an even power centri will run down and pass a twin screw, plus you dont have to shift as much (in a race setup) and its easier to hook up off the line... all equals a faster car, faster top end, easier hook up and your car doesnt drop below 3krpm when u shift anyway, the centri when shift is right in its power band 4500 rpm on up.. .the twinscrew is at the peak of its powerband around 4500... now I know some of the new ones have higher peak numbers, but by comparision to a centri pushing the same amount of boost, they get stomped.

However for a daily driver that is not a crazy setup, and loads of fun that is very reliable a twin screw is hard to beat

Quick Reply: procharger D1SC vs. KB 2.6l