Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Buying a Super Charger...really torn!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:32 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Buying a Super Charger...really torn!!!

Well that makes a bit more sense then dosen't it? You technically are tuning for the meth. Not tuning it would be installing it and leaving it at that. If you leaned it out to the point that you are depending on the meth for your A/F ratio, why not add in the timing? It's not going to be any more dangerous and your missing out on some extra power.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Obsequious1
5th Gear Member

WOW, you shut him up quick. LOL
Old 04-02-2008, 10:36 PM
BunnMan
1st Gear Member

Alright...just got off the phone with Bob. Digesting the info and placing my order tomorrow afternoon. Right now the package is Vortech V3 kit with fuel pump, FMU, BTM, Snow Perf meth injection, custom chip. I probably shouldn't list the price but it's awesome. What should else should I ask? I trust Bob's infoand want to make sure I ask all the right questions before diving...

Thanks and God bless,

-BunnMan
Old 04-03-2008, 11:36 PM
BunnMan
1st Gear Member

Order's in!!!

Placed my order with Bob this evening, should have my new V3 set up in a few weeks! Can't wait!

I gave the local guys a shot at the deal but they came in about 2 G's out of the ballpark, different set up but same power at the end. So Bob got the business.

Thanks for your help y'all...God bless,

-BunnMan
Old 04-04-2008, 12:05 AM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

Awesome! You won't be disappointed! Should be making some solid power numbers real soon. Good thing about Bob is he is there for his customers after the sale as well.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:34 AM
BunnMan
1st Gear Member

Yeah OneFast, he seems like a heck of a guy. I asked for the name of a tuner in the area since Idecided against the local shop's deal. I know they'd still tuen it but They might also try to "prove" something to me in dollar factor over my decision..dunno but woiuld rather avoid the potential. Bob said just find someone with a dyno and get them to run a few pulls and send him the graph. He will determine if he thinks any real adjustment is necessary and advise changes or make further changes to the SCT if I sned it back to him. That's service bro!

I'm gonna get that kid on Christmas morning feeling every time I see the UPS truck for the next few weeks!

God bless,

-BunnMan
Old 04-04-2008, 10:36 AM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

HaHa, I know what you mean! When it comes in, you got to take it out of the package and set it on the coffee table so you can admire it until you put it on. They look so purdy. hehe. Bob's tunes are dead nuts on too. I am running on one of his right now and it idles like stock. I still need to get to a dyno to see where I am at power wise.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:12 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i've had 2 snow performance safe injection kits fail on me, and 1 pump. the safe injection box actually started leaking on the dyno and there was a pool of wiper fluid under the car when the flow started. never again will i use their kit.

i actually still have my old kit sitting in my garage collecting dust.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:24 PM
BunnMan
1st Gear Member

Talked to Bob earlier today...stuffs on it's way. Vortech delayed shipping the V3's until they had the instructions complete. Bob just got it and is turning it around to me. Only trouble is I'm outta town for the next few weeks! Dangblamit!!!

God bless,

-BunnMan