Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

looking for a deep growl exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 04:29 PM
GTmustangGT

Default looking for a deep growl exhaust

i want a real loud, deep, & growly exhaust sound. i have a 98 GT with flowmaster exhaust, mac pro chamber (no cats), and mac long tube headers. its loud when i want it to be but isnt too deep, im looking for more of a deeper sound like borla offers for when i get my new stang. im selling my mustang for a newer one, probably an 03 GT so i can order the parts as soon as i sell my car and get the new one. my friend used to have an 03 cobra with borla exhaust, i forget which one, it was sucha deep sound and so loud, i loved it. i wanted to know what other exhausts. if n e body could help, hook me up with some info.. thanks
Old 06-18-2005, 04:34 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: looking for a deep growl exhaust

if you want loud and really deep, get some SLP Loudmouth 2s. they're very friggin loud and can abe felt from a mile away. LM1s are deep and can be felt from 2 miles away. get the 2s if you want deepest.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:13 AM
UhadMEatGT
2nd Gear Member

I think my Flows are about the deepest sound I have heard on the 4.6L. I heard a newer style Mach 1 today at the gas station. IMO, it sounded like A$$. It was loud, but was very raspy sounding! Pretty sure he had an X pipe, but dont know what the rest of the exhaust was. I wanted to ask, just so I never bought it, but I was in a hurry. [:'(]
Old 06-19-2005, 02:03 PM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

The LM II's with the MAC L/T's & Pro Chamber will sound DEEP & really good (IMO). Heard a 4.6 wif Pro Chamber and II's – it sounded like a cabin cruiser ferrying out of the harbor – very deep and unique sound. If I had any extra scratch, I’d get a Pro Chamber for the summer…
Old 06-19-2005, 03:12 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

What exhaust do you recommend for a real deep but kinda loud, because I have lm1's now with the stock mid pipe and they are still pretty loud and thats why im thinking about changing them before i get my mid pipe because i heard some clips and they scream
Old 06-20-2005, 12:20 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

ORIGINAL: GTmustangGT

i want a real loud, deep, & growly exhaust sound. i have a 98 GT with flowmaster exhaust, mac pro chamber (no cats), and mac long tube headers. its loud when i want it to be but isnt too deep, im looking for more of a deeper sound like borla offers for when i get my new stang. im selling my mustang for a newer one, probably an 03 GT so i can order the parts as soon as i sell my car and get the new one. my friend used to have an 03 cobra with borla exhaust, i forget which one, it was sucha deep sound and so loud, i loved it. i wanted to know what other exhausts. if n e body could help, hook me up with some info.. thanks
I have a 99GT. I can only talk about what you asked because i have never heard much of anything other than my car.

You are looking for the Borla Stingers.... especially if it was the deep loud one. I have them with a MAC o/r H and the volume, as well as tone is unbelievable. The only thing you might worry about is price. I got mine for 520 which was 40-50 below regular price.

Like i said, i am yet to hear another car as loud as mine, and i cannot recall one that is as aggressive sounding (after the muscle car era that is)

I think i can put up a picture of the tips,,

[IMG]local://upfiles/11183/0B2F45F2F5B5400DA15FB020AB9E25EA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-20-2005, 12:32 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

ORIGINAL: GTmustangGT

I have a 99GT. I can only talk about what you asked because i have never heard much of anything other than my car.

You are looking for the Borla Stingers.... especially if it was the deep loud one. I have them with a MAC o/r H and the volume, as well as tone is unbelievable. The only thing you might worry about is price. I got mine for 520 which was 40-50 below regular price.

Like i said, i am yet to hear another car as loud as mine, and i cannot recall one that is as aggressive sounding (after the muscle car era that is)

I think i can put up a picture of the tips,,

[IMG]local://upfiles/11183/0B2F45F2F5B5400DA15FB020AB9E25EA.jpg[/IMG]
ermm.. that's the o/r midpipe that's making you really loud. put an o/r pipe on almost any catback and it'll be really loud.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:41 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

of ALL the mustangs i have ever heard, i am sure that at some point i heard one with a non catted midpipe, and they still werent as loud as mine,

im not claiming to have the loudest car in the world, or saying that Borla is the best brand ever
but what i do know is that i am yet to hear anything louder on a mustang

Old 06-20-2005, 09:07 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

of ALL the mustangs i have ever heard, i am sure that at some point i heard one with a non catted midpipe, and they still werent as loud as mine,

im not claiming to have the loudest car in the world, or saying that Borla is the best brand ever
but what i do know is that i am yet to hear anything louder on a mustang
that's fine. i was just saying that because i heard some borlas on a stang with a o/r (at least he said it was) midpipe and it was nowhere near the sound of Acer's LM1s with catted H or my LM2s with catted X. it wasn't as deep as the LM2s or as loud as the LM2s or LM1s. it has a very different sound, which is nice. as do the LM catbacks. i probably would have gotten borlas if they weren't so damn expensive. i got SLP cause i wanted to be different from all the other 100s of stangs in the area with magnaflows and magnapacks. i'm glad i did!