Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Just got a visit from the belt-driven fairy...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 11:05 AM
MrSonic
1st Gear Member

Default Just got a visit from the belt-driven fairy...

going to be getting this setup by next week. its a used but not abused vortech V2-SQ. hes also giving me the Accufab 75mmTB/plenum combo with it. all i need are injectors he said to run 60 pounders i need a fuel pump,and an oil feed line( i think im going with vortech's stainless steel braided upgrade).

i was offered a deal i couldn't refuse...

i looked at him and said ohhhhh kayyyy

this is turning out to be a serious money pit but i cant resist....
Old 06-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Beamer03GT
1st Gear Member

Very nice. How much boost you lookin' to run?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:48 AM
MrSonic
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Beamer03GT
Very nice. How much boost you lookin' to run?
well its pullied stock right now i think 7-8 lbs? i also have a 12lbs pulley but im going to run intercooled so im sure those numbers will drop. also going full long tube headers and 3" inch exhaust so might loos a little psi there but ive been told it will still net more power even though the boost #'s are lower. the gt it came from dynoed at 389rwhp and 367 ft/lbs with only a tune, magnaflow catback, and accufab TB/plenum and that was non intercooled .
Old 06-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Beamer03GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrSonic
well its pullied stock right now i think 7-8 lbs? i also have a 12lbs pulley but im going to run intercooled so im sure those numbers will drop. also going full long tube headers and 3" inch exhaust so might loos a little psi there but ive been told it will still net more power even though the boost #'s are lower. the gt it came from dynoed at 389rwhp and 367 ft/lbs with only a tune, magnaflow catback, and accufab TB/plenum and that was non intercooled .
That's pretty good for a non-intercooled kit.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:05 PM
MrSonic
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Beamer03GT
That's pretty good for a non-intercooled kit.
yeah thats what i was thinking
Old 06-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

So what was the deal???

your boost will more than likely drop due to the 3" exhaust. But boost is only a measurment of restriction, not hp/tq.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrSonic
Id set it at 10psi with intercooler and longtubes. That will get you the most out of the stock block.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:57 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
So what was the deal???

your boost will more than likely drop due to the 3" exhaust. But boost is only a measurment of restriction, not hp/tq.
exhaust has nothing to do with boost pressure. boost is a measure of restriction between the source of the boost and the intake valves.

i remember my first visit from the belt-driven fairy. then i got a visit from the exhaust driven fairy and scared the belt driven fairy away with 3rd gear burnouts
Old 06-04-2009, 07:25 AM
MrSonic
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
exhaust has nothing to do with boost pressure. boost is a measure of restriction between the source of the boost and the intake valves.

i remember my first visit from the belt-driven fairy. then i got a visit from the exhaust driven fairy and scared the belt driven fairy away with 3rd gear burnouts
lol i would've gone turbo but i got my set-up rediculously cheap and got my whole exhaust system for free. plus its a daily and turbo cars in my opinion are a pita for daily driving.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:48 PM
MrSonic
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frostbitten
Id set it at 10psi with intercooler and longtubes. That will get you the most out of the stock block.
souds like a plan

Quick Reply: Just got a visit from the belt-driven fairy...