Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

What do you think? Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 03:46 AM
1stcobra!

Question What do you think? Please Help!!

I am in the market for either a supercharger or a turbo for my 2001 Cobra. I was curious if anyone located in Arizona (Phoenix) had purchased any kits and had them installed/tuned in the area? I have purchased a few items from AMP Performance since owing my cobra and I want to make sure that I do not make a mistake in choosing a company to perform all the work. Their is also Lopers Performance in the area. Does anyone have suggestions? Also, what setup do you think will be the best? All internals are OEM on the 4.6 DOHC stock motor. The car just rolled over 60,000 miles. I am looking to get a decent amount of power. The car is putting out approximately 345 horsepower at the flywheel and I would like to accomplish around 425+ to the wheels. I have only built motors and I never purchased or installed a Forced Induction setup. What boost range would be the safest and best performing for the vehicle? 10-12 pounds of boost? Why would you suggest a turbo or a Supercharger. My budget is to not go over $7,000.00 with parts and labor. Please help me out with my weekend warrior!

Thanks!!
David
Old 07-28-2009, 08:38 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

with a budget of 7k and you plan to pay some one to install the parts and then to tune it, i think sc is the only option. because after labor and fuel upgrades, you wont have the money for just about any turbo kit i can think of. if you are willing to do your own install, youd have more options