Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

What would it take to set up my '07 GT to run a GT500 supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 03:25 AM
Super D
1st Gear Member

Default What would it take to set up my '07 GT to run a GT500 supercharger?

Just curious. I know this is an oddball question.

I'm tight on my budget, so I'm hunting for slightly used blowers when people upgrade.

Custom intake I know, but what else would be needed total to run the GT500 blower properly/safely on an '07 4.6 GT?

Do I need to change out the hood also?

Thank you for your guidance, really appreciate it.

EDIT: Oh crap, I just did some thread searches, and found my answers. Sorry. Looks like it'd be a pretty big project. And expensive. Damn.

Last edited by Super D; 10-30-2009 at 03:33 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:59 PM
nitrous_fed_03gt
3rd Gear Member

a nitrous kit would do it for you.......
Old 11-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

yea super expensive for what you get. just get a kenne bell kit
Old 11-08-2009, 05:57 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

if you look around, you could get a great deal on a used vortech kit. you should be able to find one in the 2500-3000 range for the non-cooled ones that will easily put you at ~420RWHP.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Super D
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys, I pretty much immediately abandoned the conversion idea after reading a bit.

Not sure I'm going to do an SC at this point. Nearly everything's done to this car but SC or turbo and for the cost to really*do it right and derive big power, realistically*I'm looking at rebuilding internals and I'll easily get up into the $8-10k range all told with forced induction. 100hp extra to the ground from where I am now isn't really*enough considering the investment, I'd want more with that and from what I've been told you really don't want to do that without building up the motor.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Super D
Thanks guys, I pretty much immediately abandoned the conversion idea after reading a bit.

Not sure I'm going to do an SC at this point. Nearly everything's done to this car but SC or turbo and for the cost to really*do it right and derive big power, realistically*I'm looking at rebuilding internals and I'll easily get up into the $8-10k range all told with forced induction. 100hp extra to the ground from where I am now isn't really*enough considering the investment, I'd want more with that and from what I've been told you really don't want to do that without building up the motor.
yea when you start doing forced induction it gets alot more expensive. you get the supercharger, run it for awhile, then something happens to the motor (could be 3-4 years down the road but eventually its gonna happen), so you pay for a new motor that can handle the supercharger, then you need fuel system to keep up with it, and before you know it youve dropped $10-15k into the car and your stomach is growling lol
Old 11-11-2009, 11:32 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Originally Posted by Frostbitten
yea when you start doing forced induction it gets alot more expensive. you get the supercharger, run it for awhile, then something happens to the motor (could be 3-4 years down the road but eventually its gonna happen), so you pay for a new motor that can handle the supercharger, then you need fuel system to keep up with it, and before you know it youve dropped $10-15k into the car and your stomach is growling lol
now i don't know about THAT! but you certainly end up wanting more and more power. my stock motor never blew, but i blew 1 built motor and was just finishing the second new motor with the new tranny, and yeah, that shat gets pricey. i did join the 600 club though! then i sold it....

the bad thing is, you never get your money back on a new motor/tranny/etc. people don't care about that and those who do, assume the car was driven hard and abused. you still should consider a vortech kit. get a used one and you can put down some nice numbers that will keep a smile on your face safely.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:07 PM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

yea but once u have it finished and wail on it down the road your foot is ready to kick the crap out of your stomach for doubting it