Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Which S/C is best?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 11:05 PM
hawwk11
3rd Gear Member

Default Which S/C is best?

Well hello again guys.

Wanted to know if one is better than the other. I really cant remember ever hearing anything bad about any of the big s/c companys such as vortech, paxton, procharger etc.

BUT. I would like to know if there is one that may be a lil better than the others. Like i always see the prochargers going for about a grand more than vortech. Is there a reason for that? I alsp recently saw that the prochargers are H.O. (High Output). Is there any advantages from one from the other?

While on the sub, would a turbo be better on 02 gt or the s/c?

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

when i switched from an s-trim vortech to the hellion turbo difference was night and day. Much better low end and midrange power. At the track centrifugal blowers are great though. prochargers normally cost more because all their kits come with an intercooler. doesnt mean theyre any better. procharger p1sc have issues with leaking. ive never heard of a vortech leaking. but the D1sc procharger is alot better than the P1sc. IMO the paxton Novi 2000 is a top of the line street/track blower, and I would pick it over either the procharger or vortech.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:48 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

If I'm thinking of a ts setup, whipple or kb, saleen would be my 3rd pick.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:50 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

If i was going to do one it would be a intercooled Kenne Bell without question.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:21 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Vortech! But I am biased
Old 01-14-2010, 10:34 PM
thunderhorse
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hawwk11
Well hello again guys.

Wanted to know if one is better than the other. I really cant remember ever hearing anything bad about any of the big s/c companys such as vortech, paxton, procharger etc.

BUT. I would like to know if there is one that may be a lil better than the others. Like i always see the prochargers going for about a grand more than vortech. Is there a reason for that? I alsp recently saw that the prochargers are H.O. (High Output). Is there any advantages from one from the other?

While on the sub, would a turbo be better on 02 gt or the s/c?

Thanks.
I love my KB and I'm glad I spent the extra money to buy it.. so worth it.

However, out of the options you're looking at, I'd choose procharger because it has a patented oil lubrication system... so unlike vortech, you do NOT have to drill into the oil pan.

Turbos are a lot of work and tend to be relatively unreliable. My friend has the turbo setup on his '99 GT, and before he even drives it he has to let it "warm up" to get the air fuel ratio just right. Plus, all the additional piping, suspension work, and exhaust work you have to do for a turbo?? not worth it IMO! With my KB, I turn the key and I'm ready to go. Sure, with any car before you run it hard you should let it get the juices flowing, but superchargers are much lower matinence and much easier to install. That instant torque is so awesome
Old 01-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Milton
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by thunderhorse

However, out of the options you're looking at, I'd choose procharger because it has a patented oil lubrication system... so unlike vortech, you do NOT have to drill into the oil pan.

Turbos are a lot of work and tend to be relatively unreliable. My friend has the turbo setup on his '99 GT, and before he even drives it he has to let it "warm up" to get the air fuel ratio just right. Plus, all the additional piping, suspension work, and exhaust work you have to do for a turbo?? not worth it IMO! With my KB, I turn the key and I'm ready to go. Sure, with any car before you run it hard you should let it get the juices flowing, but superchargers are much lower matinence and much easier to install. That instant torque is so awesome

Vortech and paxton both have their own self contained blowers now.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:08 AM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Originally Posted by thunderhorse

What is up with people always acting like tapping an oil pan is rocket science? Its simple, takes all of 30min to do properly. And I don't know about your friends car, but I go outside turn the key and drive off, don't know about this "warm up" period he goes through??
Old 01-21-2010, 11:47 AM
SeanAndKate
3rd Gear Member

check out tork tech. There roots supercharger kit is making more power per PSI then just about EVERY other kit out there. there TVS intercooled kit can get you to 400rwhp on a stock car at only like 9PSI. I dont think any other kit can do that. At least not for anywhere near the price.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Fobra
Banned

Turdtech is worthless. 3.4 Whipple or Turbo or F-1/YSi/Novi 2000

Quick Reply: Which S/C is best?