Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

SSS exhaust (mini review)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 01:13 AM
wiking
1st Gear Member

Default SSS exhaust (mini review)

So awile back I put on SLP Powerflo's (axleback). Great improvement over stock. Seemed as if they got quieter over time. Then, got SSS Terminator (axlebacks - 50 state legal) from cruizin Concepts. I am greatly impressed with the quality of the SSS exhaust compared to the SLP's. Night and day difference between the two (the SSS system is quite a bit cheaper than SLP by the way - $160 less than what I paid for SLP at American Muscle). The sound of the SSS is what I was looking for. The SSS exhaust was actually much easier to install (fitment was better) than the SLP. Everything matched up perfectly which was not the case with the SLP's. Anyways, just my two cents worth on the SSS exhaust.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:18 PM
CruizinConceptsJohn
Former Sponsor

That's great to hear! Glad you are happy with the system. There are quite a few guys who are swayed from the SSS products because of how great our pricing is on it but everyone who gets it installed absolutely love the way it sounds and looks. To further show the finished product, here are some pictures that one of our customers sent in after the installation. He said it was an easy 45 minute install that he did in his driveway on a set of ramps. Any questions, just let me know.

Here is a quick link to the product:
http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....STEMV8&cat=369

Old 08-12-2010, 03:47 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I love the SSS Terminators! For what you pay they're unequaled IMO.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:09 PM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

They look (and from what I can tell from the vids) sound great!!

How horrible is the drone though??
Old 08-12-2010, 09:59 PM
wiking
1st Gear Member

Did an hour long trip today and a lot of messing around town last night - found no drone whatsoever. The sound is actually quieter inside the car than the SLP's were. Louder outside, quieter inside. My previous SLP's had a drone around 2000rpm though. Very impressed by what I got for the money (SSS) - makes me feel like my SLP's were s**t (expensive s**t since they cost me $459.99). Anybody want to by the SLP Powerflo's - CHEAP?
Old 08-13-2010, 02:22 AM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

I'm still amazed by how the axle back systems for S197's cost just as much (and in many cases more) as most cat back systems for SN-95/New Edge cars, yet there is so much less material involved with the axle back systems.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:49 AM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wiking
Did an hour long trip today and a lot of messing around town last night - found no drone whatsoever.
How would you say they compare to the stock exhaust drone-wise (if you can remember what that sounded like)?

Sorry to keep bugging you....(I know you said no drone whatsoever)but I'm terrified of putting pipes on my car that are going to drive me nuts on the freeway.

I'm REALLY close to pulling the trigger on the SSS since I love the appearance and from what I can hear it's the sound I'm after!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:15 AM
CruizinConceptsJohn
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Z28KLR
I'm still amazed by how the axle back systems for S197's cost just as much (and in many cases more) as most cat back systems for SN-95/New Edge cars, yet there is so much less material involved with the axle back systems.

It is usually because of supply and demand or the fact the a "new" product is "state of the art" and the "research and development" took lots of money and time. I don't believe this personally, and neither do SSS. That is the reason the the 05+ systems are CHEAPER and than the 99-04 systems. Less piping = less material = lower shipping weight = lower price. $80 lower in fact. I only wish Nitto would go by this standard!
Old 08-13-2010, 02:57 PM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

Can you comment on the SSS drone CruizinConceptsJohn?

Obviously people (myself included) that install an aftermarket exhaust are wanting rumble...I just don't want it to drive me crazy on the freeway or completely drown out my stereo.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:48 PM
wiking
1st Gear Member

STANGmole - I did a trip to Montana a while back and had the SLP'S on. At times there was a drone (especially in hilly or mountain country) depending on the gear and speed. My daughter always made a comment that the noise would put you to sleep. It was like you were in a buddhist temple and all the munks were humming. So far it seems that with the windows up, the SSS sound goes out the back, not in the cabin. So far, I have not detected any drone as compared to the SLP. I can definately tell that my exhaust is louder, but it mostly goes behind me and not inside with me if that makes any sense. What I wanted in an exhaust was something that I could hear when my windows were up, but I don't want something obnoxious either. The SSS to me is what I was looking for and wish I could have saved that $460 that I spent on the SLP's. $300's not bad for an exhaust and if you don't like the sound you're not out too much (everyone has their own taste when it comes to exhaust). Take your pic with an exhaust and try it - it will just depend on what YOU want. Back in 2004, the GT I had ran Flomasters which I liked (I liked it back then). No problem with the questions by the way. Somethingabout the install - the SSS is one piece then add the tips. The SLP was in several pieces which I did not like and never got it properly lined up to my taste. Hope some of this helps.

Last edited by wiking; 08-13-2010 at 04:53 PM.

Quick Reply: SSS exhaust (mini review)