Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

question about centrifugal superchargers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 11:16 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: question about centrifugal superchargers!!!

ORIGINAL: v8musclecobra
And is it tru that you can put 2 centri- superchargers at like 20 psi each to run like 40psi on pump gas and have double the power??
Adding another supercharger won't increase air pressure, it will increase air volume. So two superchargers at 20psi will result in a total of 20psi still.
ayt i just wasnt sure thats y i posted it. I thought that you could do a twin centri- set up... how come you can do 2 turbo's but not 2 centri's?
Whoever told you you can't run two superchargers was wrong. You may have to have a custom bracket made, but it can most definetly be done. Having a bracket made doesn't cost that much either, so as long as you can supply two superchargers, money for brackets, piping, & oil lines you are all set. It's not near as complicated as making a twin turbo kit.
ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr
It's because of where they are mounted. Turbos are mounted down and to the front. Centifugals are mounted up top and to the front. You have to move stuff in the engione bay as it is, if you had two you would need to move everything on the other side also, there's just not enough room.
Both are mounted up high in most cases, rarely will people spend the extra money to have it mounted down low.
what if you moved the battery to the trunk, ran the intake down, and got a bigger hood?
You can run the superchargers down low as long as you get a pump, gravity drain won't work if it's below the oil level, or near.
ORIGINAL: Birdieman4
The faster you spin a centrifugal blower, the sooner the boost comes in. If you were running 20+ psi on a Procharger P1sc, the boost would come basicly at the hit of the throttle. If you are running a cetrifugal blower and making 8 psi and you decide to swap pullies and run 10 psi, you will notice the boost comes in a little quicker.
Weird, any clue on why that is? They do that on turbochargers aswell, but that's because the wastegate stays cracked a little when you aren't running as much boost & the harder the spring, the more it pushes down to seal it
true. id prob have to do a **** load of new internals 2 cause thatd add like an extra 400hp. but i think ill give it a try, and possibly keep a kenne bell on the center 2 if its at all possible. thanks 4 the help.
You are definetly going to need interal work if you plan on 20psi. & that setup is a waste of money. The drag coming from powering the superchargers is going to take away ALOT of HP.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:18 PM
v8musclecobra
2nd Gear Member

so what are you better off doing then? Money isnt a big deal for the twin charger set up cause my friends brother owns his own shop and does it for little to nothing.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:25 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

if money is not an issue, turbo your car.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:28 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Well if 20 psi still equals 20 psi then just do a single procharger D1SC and crank up the boost.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:46 PM
v8musclecobra
2nd Gear Member

why would 2 superchargers run the same as one and cancel one out?
Old 09-18-2005, 07:46 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Superchargers up and lower their boost by smaller and bigger pullies, it probally has something to do with that.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:11 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

so what are you better off doing then? Money isnt a big deal for the twin charger set up cause my friends brother owns his own shop and does it for little to nothing.
If you have the money, do it. It would be a neat project.
why would 2 superchargers run the same as one and cancel one out?
They wouldn't. If you used two small superchargers instead of one big one You would still get the same performance with both, but with two small ones the engine would respond quicker.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:37 PM
razarr69
2nd Gear Member

If you do end up doing this, definately post some pics and dyno numbers.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:30 PM
v8musclecobra
2nd Gear Member

o i definetly will. Could you run the 2 centri's with a kenne bell also. If i did it it wouldn't be for a while just wondering if it was at all possible, caus ethatd be insane.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:38 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

i know lamborghini make a twin supercharged car... i saw a video of it with 700hp and AWD.
FOX you should erase the sentence you have above your signature because you sure do explain things well to people who ask somewhat rediculous questions! which is a good thing

Quick Reply: question about centrifugal superchargers!!!