Ride Of The Month Does your Mustang have what it takes to be ROTM?

June Voting!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 02:47 AM
HRnB
Administrator

Default RE: June Voting!!!

Well Juztang, you do have a sweet Stang as do the other nomz, I'd love to see more pics, so post them. All of the Stangs this month look incredible, but I made my vote, and I'm not tell'n
Edit: By the way, can I get a WhOoP wHoOp for the Special Stangs this month?!?!
Old 05-31-2006, 03:48 AM
edified
1st Gear Member

Voted for the yellow! Can we have other pics of ad-ons to these cars instead of just one? How about telling us more about the modification/upgrades to these horses?
Old 05-31-2006, 04:33 AM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HotRods_n_Booze

Well Juztang, you do have a sweet Stang as do the other nomz, I'd love to see more pics, so post them. All of the Stangs this month look incredible, but I made my vote, and I'm not tell'n
Edit: By the way, can I get a WhOoP wHoOp for the Special Stangs this month?!?!
WhOoP wHoOp
Old 05-31-2006, 05:10 AM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

i'm sorry 05 saleen guys but i really dislike the new 20" saleen rims...they look so UNaggressive if that is a word....plus they're huge and not even DD even though you can get the 20x10s....they look like flowers...the older saleen rims were so much better....does anyone remember seeing the 19" wheel/tire package on the pre-pro models?...they were 5 spokes....i think they were made by TSW for saleen...those looked SO much better...and were probably lighter too...ok sorry for hijacking....i would have voted for the 05 mineral gray but i really don't like those dubs..........
Old 05-31-2006, 09:45 AM
S281SC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HotRods_n_Booze By the way, can I get a WhOoP wHoOp for the Special Stangs this month?!?!
Hell yeah!

[sm=wootwoot.gif]WhOoP [sm=wootwoot.gif] wHoOp[sm=wootwoot.gif]
Old 05-31-2006, 10:05 AM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

PICS!

[IMG]local://upfiles/9522/1C2C01E04BF041A1AA5ACC44CEAC8192.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9522/061732C4E1FA42A4A7CBC9CCB744C721.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9522/C42CE9EB55F54C0AAED803876A94D791.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Here is a couple more. I have to get some better pics up!

[IMG]local://upfiles/9522/E43FC7F2775A4C8DAABE781EC560D51B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9522/46680EA457034E418765100882A1F6AB.jpg[/IMG]

2004 Saleen S/C Speedster Bought brand new at Capital Ford in Raleigh, North Carolina.
1 of 4 in its color combo and options
Signed by Steve Saleen
Saleen options include: Anniversary Speedster package,Chrome wheels,Wheel and tire upgrade(265/35/18 in front and 295/35/18 in rear),Saleen brake upgrade, Supercharger upgrade.

So far I've added Bassani ceramic coated headers,Bassani o/r x pipe,Tunable Induction cold air kit,SCT tuner with custom tune from JMS chip,3.73 ford racing gears,lots of misc. MGW chrome accessories,short antenna,stainless "Saleen" bumper letters,brembo rear slotted rotors to match the front,MGW short throw shifter,SVT fuel pump,Accufab 75mm throttle body, and other misc items. I have not dynoed the car yet. There really isn't a dyno that close. Hopefully I can get it dynoed soon!
Old 05-31-2006, 10:32 AM
GBPackerFan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Juztang

PICS!

[IMG]local://upfiles/9522/1C2C01E04BF041A1AA5ACC44CEAC8192.jpg[/IMG]
Ah, you're from Illinois?! [sm=groupwave.gif]Awesome! "C"
Old 05-31-2006, 11:11 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: laserred38

i'm sorry 05 saleen guys but i really dislike the new 20" saleen rims...they look so UNaggressive if that is a word....plus they're huge and not even DD even though you can get the 20x10s....they look like flowers...the older saleen rims were so much better....does anyone remember seeing the 19" wheel/tire package on the pre-pro models?...they were 5 spokes....i think they were made by TSW for saleen...those looked SO much better...and were probably lighter too...ok sorry for hijacking....i would have voted for the 05 mineral gray but i really don't like those dubs..........
I thought this was a VOTING thread, not a thread to tell us your opinions about what YOU like and don't like I"m sorry but those 20's and the lowered stance just shout aggressiveness.

My mods include a Steeda CAI with Predator tune, Pypes O/R H Pipe, Sequential Tail Lights, personally made custom trunk-lid cover, B&M T-Handle shifter, and the good ole' MGW EJECT Button in the dash

Here's a complete slideshow of my car: http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...slideshow=true

Its a tad out of date, and I have a bunch of new pictures with my new camera that look MUCH better. Now I just Insight to finish their damn upgrades so I can publish an update to my website [:@]
Old 05-31-2006, 12:00 PM
S281SC
2nd Gear Member

The white Saleen is a 2000 S281-S/C Convertible, Saleen # 0493. It was originally produced by Saleen on April 29, 2000. The originating dealer was Jerome Duncan Ford in Sterling Heights, Michigan. It originally wore white wheels, with a white body & black graphics. A previous owner changed to the chrome wheels the car now wears. The car has about 45K miles on it, so it's DRIVEN!
I purchased the car in August of 2005. I do intend to keep the car "mostly" stock, but with minor personal enhancements, mostly of a bolt-on nature. Some changes are intended to preserve the original parts for future use, some improve the car in some way, while others are just based on my personal taste. I mainly just enjoy driving, cleaning & tinkering with it.

There were 974 Saleen S281's built in 2000.
There were 203 supercharged convertibles produced.
This car is "1 of 2" made with this color & option combination.

Externally, the car has the chrome 18x9/10 wheels and Toyo 265&295's. I'm keeping my eyes open for an original set of the white wheels, just in case I ever want to go back 100% stock. I've changed to 01-04 "smoked" headlights, and added the "Mach I" grill delete as well. In the rear, I've added the black "SALEEN" vinyl letters in the rear bumper cutouts. The car also has the "speedster" top cover (and storage bag), along with the Saleen roll bar. This car is equipped with the stock Mustang "flat" hood - no scoop, although I just ordered a new Saleen heat extractor hood last week... [8D]

Performance wise, the car is now wearing a WMS cold-air intake, along with a Magnaflow X-pipe connected to the Saleen/Borla catback. Braking is greatly improved with the Cobra / Mach I brake package - 13" front rotors and 11.65" rear rotors, along with plain black calipers. It also has a B&M shifter and Centerforce clutch.

For the interior, I've added leather boots for the shifter and emergency brake. Steve Saleen has autographed the dash as well. I purchased a second set of Saleen floor mats for everyday use, and stored the originals. When purchased, the door cups and center dash were all painted white. I didn't care for that look, and have since installed the correct Midnight Black panels back onto the car.

Some of you (especially classic owners), may also "know" me from my old 65 Mustang, which I sold last year. The 65 has appeared in Mustang & Ford, Mustang Monthly, and Mustang Times magazine. I needed a toy to replace the 65, and had always admired the Saleens, so I snagged one with part of the proceeds. I REALLY enjoy the Saleen, logging a lot more miles the I dared with the 65.

I NEED to get some better pictures of the Saleen. You can also see more of the car at my webpage (www.S281SC.com).
But, here's a few:

Quick Reply: June Voting!!!