Ride Of The Month Does your Mustang have what it takes to be ROTM?
View Poll Results: Which will win?
lilRoush
23.26%
Mach1Man
38.37%
2008GT/CSBUCKEYE
4.65%
Siggyfreud
12.79%
ShaneM
20.93%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

March ROTM Voting!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

Okay, we're off and running! First thing I want to do is thank everybody who votes for my car throughout the month, this way,
I don't have to hog up thread space posting individual thank you posts!
Now for a little background on the Mach 1

I am the original owner, and the only driver of this car since it was brand new. I ordered the car from a local Ford Dealer in May of 2002,
right after the order codes had been released, and made their way onto Internet forums. Most dealers were caught unaware that Ford was
even producing a Mach 1 Mustang in 2003, because as I called around to several dealers in the state, they thought I wanted to order a
Mach 1000 stereo system!!

I finally walked into a dealership with the order codes on a piece of paper and convinced the sales manager to just sit down with me at a
computer and punch in the codes I had. He did, and when we were done, he said, I guess you just ordered a Colorado Red
(they later changed the color to Torch Red) Mustang Mach 1, whatever that is. I handed him a deposit check for $500, and went home
to wait.... and wait..... and wait..... and wait some more.

The car was finally built in November 2002, and was delivered to the dealership on December 3rd 2002! I picked it up the next day, and the
following day, we had a snowstorm that dumped about 8 inches of snow! So after waiting nine months for the car to be built and delivered,
I got several more days to just stare at it in my garage until the snow melted.

My original intentions were to leave the car stock. That lasted about a day and a half! Not wanting to void my new car warranty, right
from the get go, I tried to limit the modifications to cosmetic, and easily reversable mechanical ones. First came the Cobra Jet shaker emblems,
followed rapidly by 4.6 High Performance fender badges to replace the Tri-Bar Pony emblems, and a K&N drop-in air filter. Then came some
big ticket items, like the Visus rear window louvers, Hurst Billet Plus shifter, with chrome handle, and T-handle grip. Then it was MRT Street
Performance springs that lowered the car another full inch, along with a Borla Stinger catback exhaust system.

As the car approached it's 3 year birthday, I started to feel the need for more speed. I also kept improving on (IMHO), the overall appearance
of the car. I bought a set of 4 AFS all chrome Mach 1 style wheels in 17x9 inch size, with a set of 255/40/17 tires already mounted and balanced.

I also installed a set of FRPP chrome flip-style hood pins. Oh yeah, the need for speed, that was taken care of with the purchase of a
Nitrous Express shark nozzle system, bottle warmer, gauges, purge system, and MSD window switch, and a C&L intake tube and MAF!

At first, I went conservative with a 75 shot, but I soon moved up to a 100 shot, and eventually settled on a 125 shot. This setup lasted for
just about the next 4 years, and it served me well! It also blew out two stock 3.55 rear ends, one replaced under warranty because I went
through and removed all the obvious modifications, the other cost me a bundle, because I left all the nitrous parts hooked up and working.

Last edited by Mach1man; 03-04-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

In 2008, the car was completely paid for, all the warranties were expired, or voided, and I was entertaining thoughts of selling it,
or trading it in on a Shelby GT 500, which was now the hottest ride in the Mustang stable. I had also come into a substantial amount of
money through the estate of my recently deceased mother, which left me to ponder the question of whether to purchase a Shelby,
then spend more money modifying it, or take the money and build up the Mach 1, which I had really become attached to over the years.

After some long, agonizing deliberations with myself, and my wife, I decided to put the money into the Mach 1, and build myself one badass
street car that could hold its own against Cobras, Shelbys, and Corvettes alike! What you see here now is the end result of that decision!

Please try to enjoy these photos of my car as much as I enjoy sharing them with you all!

And now it all comes together! It has been one fun and amazing ride over the past decade with this car! I still manage to find myself
tweaking on small things here and there. I've installed a custom, one-of-a-kind black powder coated aluminum rear seat delete, new
Matrix racing style driver and passenger seats, and a polished aluminum radiator cover. I attend a good amount of local and regional
car shows every year, and the car has been in several magazines (though never as a feature car), and last year was selected by
American Muscle.com to be featured in their current 2012 calendar, which I consider one of the best compliments I could have ever
received, especially since my car was chosen as a two page centerfold type photo spread for the month of August 2012!

http://youtu.be/cF2ucHUawyc

Last edited by Mach1man; 03-04-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

Continued.....

The original Hurst shifter now has a new handle, boot, and **** on it, and the original hoodpins have been changed over to the old school hair pin type with lanyards.

Last edited by Mach1man; 03-06-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:24 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

For what it's worth, I just sold the pictured white V6 Roush.

I do still have the 1998 supercharged Roush (1 of 1 like it that we know of).
M112 on top, T56 six speed, Roush aerodynamics, Roush 18x9/18x10 wheels, full Roush suspension, brake upgrade, interior etc... Autographed by Jack last year in Daytona just before the 500 was run.

It's my daily driver and I put between 120 and 200 miles a day on it. Since selling the white car, it's also taken over road course duties at Homestead Miami Speedway on the weekends.

Last edited by LilRoush; 03-02-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

Last edited by Mach1man; 03-02-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:44 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by LilRoush
For what it's worth, I just sold the pictured white V6 Roush.

I do still have the 1998 supercharged Roush (1 of 1 like it that we know of).
M112 on top, T56 six speed, Roush aerodynamics, Roush 18x9/18x10 wheels, full Roush suspension, brake upgrade, interior etc... Autographed by Jack last year in Daytona just before the 500 was run.

It's my daily driver and I put between 120 and 200 miles a day on it. Since selling the white car, it's also taken over road course duties at Homestead Miami Speedway on the weekends.

When I get off of work ill change it to your roush
Old 03-02-2012, 06:58 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Thanks.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:15 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by vbstang13

I think I remember a while back that Siggyfreud's Saleen was in need of a lot of work to get it running again. Am I correct or am I confusing his car with someone else, if so my apologies?
Yeah his was the one with the blown engine
Old 03-03-2012, 02:56 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Machman....that's EPIC but I have to go with Shane...followed that whole story, love how everything worked out and love what he's doing with it! (not to mention I LOVE that BOSS!!!!)
Old 03-03-2012, 03:14 AM
Dub's
1st Gear Member

Holy pics... Lol

Quick Reply: March ROTM Voting!!