Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Pro or Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 10:51 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Pro or Sport

someones got this all worng!

prokit is for street

sport is for track..

sport is frigen low!!!

i have the prokit and its the less low of the bunch, handleing is amazing.. and the ride quality is amamzing!!
ifyou got the sport kit.. youwould need a kidneybelt because the ride would be soo stiff not to mention youll bottom out just driving rather than bottom out on speedbumps only with the prokit

do what you want.. but if your gonna drive your car everywhere.. get the pro kit
Old 08-09-2006, 10:58 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I'd go with the pro kit; the drop is perfect and the ride is good, handling is amazing. If my car was any lower I couldn't drive it on the streets!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Torcher

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

prokit is for street

sport is for track..

sport is frigen low!!!

i have the prokit and its the less low of the bunch, handleing is amazing.. and the ride quality is amamzing!!
ifyou got the sport kit.. youwould need a kidneybelt because the ride would be soo stiff not to mention youll bottom out just driving rather than bottom out on speedbumps only with the prokit

do what you want.. but if your gonna drive your car everywhere.. get the pro kit
Absolutely correct!!!

If you don't have pot holes sport will give you a big drop and "Go_Kart" handling. Pro kit lowers just over an inch, handling is very good and you can still hit a "small hole" without bottoming out....... I only wish I could do sportline where I live......[:@]
Old 08-10-2006, 02:59 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Torcher

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

prokit is for street

sport is for track..

sport is frigen low!!!

Absolutely correct!!!

If you don't have pot holes sport will give you a big drop and "Go_Kart" handling. Pro kit lowers just over an inch, handling is very good and you can still hit a "small hole" without bottoming out....... I only wish I could do sportline where I live......[:@]

These guy that corrected to original poster are right on!

Odd as it seems the Eibach PRO kit is a 'Street' kit application and the SPORT kit is a 'Track'. On our car the 'Pro kit' lowered it about 1.5" both front and rear. The SPORT kit claims to lower your car over 2". Here is a pic with the Pro kit install both with stock 17's and then with 20's.

Old 10-14-2006, 01:16 PM
SonoranStang

BMR
Old 10-14-2006, 01:52 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

do you think gt springs would be good

for instance the ford racing ones that they put on the shelby gt-h shelby gt GT/CS etc..

theyre proggressive and engineered for the stang by ford
Old 10-16-2006, 03:37 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

seems that the GT is 100+ pounds heavier the the V6 and the Shelby GT500 is another 200+ pounds more then a GT. ALL of this weight is over the front wheels. I would assume that would be much stiffer as you pointed out "theyre proggressive and engineered for the stang by ford" for a car that weighs more then 300 pounds more then a V6. That being said I have a Eibach Pro kit to install on out V6 Mustang too.
05SDI
Old 10-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Most of the after market springs are progressive rate. This means that different section of the spring compress at different rates. You can actually add a set of these springs, get a better ride under normal conditions and better performance under more extreme conditions. Stang Suspension has an excellent article on selecting springs, here's the link

@05SDI, the V6 does have a better fore to aft weight distribution, but the extras you get with the GT (beefier sway bars, etc, not to mention the extra 90 HP) compensate quite nicely. [sm=smiley1.gif] If both cars were identical chassis-wise, HP-wise, etc the V6 would have a slight advantage. The really interesting thing will be when/if Ford puts the 3.5L DOHC V6 engine in the mustang. This unit is smaller, lighter and more powerful (250 HP) than the 4.0L engine (210 HP), and could make a really great basis for a road racer. For you and me the weight issue is even more pronounced due to the beefing up of the convertible chassis which adds even more weight.

BTW, great looking Stang 05SDI. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 01-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Ronaele05
1st Gear Member

I have the sport-line kits coming in tomorrow. i will let you all know how they feel, handle, bottom out and such things. won't be installed till mon-tues-wed. I'll let you all know
Old 01-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Ronaele05
1st Gear Member

Installed the sport-line today. Feels amazing, no more body roll!!! I have learned that the roads are bumpier than i had initially expected, but im young and im into that "go-cart" kind of ride. Feels like im in a race car setup. The drop looks amazing. I have no pic's it's too dark outside now for good ones, prolly get some tomorrow or my next day off. the wheelwells are full now, i have 17 in black rims/chrome lip.

if you like a bumpy ride get the sportline, if you want more of a streetable car go for the pro-kit
Sport line=1.6in front and 2.0in rear drops
Pro kit=1.6front and 1.4rear i beleive.

Quick Reply: Pro or Sport