Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

What color should all my new suspenion parts be?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 03:00 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

Default What color should all my new suspenion parts be?

I'm starting to put together the final list of my suspension overhall. But I'm wondering what color do you all think I should order everything in?
Old 09-30-2006, 03:33 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What color should all my new suspenion parts be?

Keep in mind my bodyis black and white...
Old 09-30-2006, 04:44 PM
07GT
2nd Gear Member

I've always like black.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:28 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

I voted for red but I didnt know that you could order suspension parts in different colors... how are you doing that? Who are you buying from that will paint parts different colors.. or are you simply having them all painted once you get them?
Old 10-03-2006, 07:26 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

Virtually every place I've looked has at least the option of Gloss Black or Bright Red. And most that I've looked at have the option of adding $5-15 for a number of other colors (White, Silver, Blue, Orange, Yellow, etc.).

Looks like the masses are pretty split on this one though. Gonna have to ponder it some more.

On the same note... what color do you think I should paint my calipers? Or leave them that stock silver color?
Old 10-05-2006, 07:17 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

I would say black as it goes with everything. I have a red adj panhard bar and it really does not go well with the Redfire. I also have a red Saleeen front sway bar and am considering having it done in black or a custom color to more match the car.

Richard
Old 10-08-2006, 10:27 PM
terrysil
1st Gear Member

are you serious? this is getting a bit **** isnt it, i mean, who sees your suspension on an every day basis?

if you are going to make a trailor queen out of your car, show the car only, not drive it on an everday basit, then maybe. but having been a judge for the now defunct Mustang and Classis Ford club of New England, i can tell you i would deduct points for non factory colors, so if showing is your plan, you had best not enter it in stock class.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:33 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: terrysil

are you serious? this is getting a bit **** isnt it, i mean, who sees your suspension on an every day basis?

if you are going to make a trailor queen out of your car, show the car only, not drive it on an everday basit, then maybe. but having been a judge for the now defunct Mustang and Classis Ford club of New England, i can tell you i would deduct points for non factory colors, so if showing is your plan, you had best not enter it in stock class.
Am I serious? Yes. Is it a little bit ****? No. It's A LOT ****, which is exactly how I am about my car! I don't plan on showing my car in competetion... maybe in just local showoffs, but I just wanted to get an idea what color other people thought would like right. So I assume your vote is for black?
Old 10-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Not the same body, but on the ground up we did on my buddy's 93 notch we used all blue, the underside of the car is all black, and the body is Dark Green Mettalic. all the blue suspension parts looked sweet as hell.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:11 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

I say...red or black.

Quick Reply: What color should all my new suspenion parts be?