Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Suspension: What I want to do.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 03:54 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Default Suspension: What I want to do.

So I have been doing a little research and have come up with this. I want to have better suspension. I thought of kits, but all of them lower the car. I am not interested in lowering. I personally like it the way it is. Yes I know lowering it will handle even better. Here is what I want to do. With some Q's. Man, want to do so much, but not enough money at the same time.

I am definatley interested using BMR. I have read nothing but good things about their product and support. I like that silver vien color, will look good on my Tungstun Grey. Not like people can really see, but I would know

1. BMR non Adjust LCA's Tubular. Since I am not lowereing, I would think I don't need the adjustables, correct? And since it will be stock height, don't need the relocation brackets, correct?

2. The Tokico D-specs. Everyone seems to use these, but only mentioned when lowering. Will they work with stock height?

3. BMR HD sway bar kit(front and rear)

4. Possibly get the new A-Arms they are coming out with, and the A-Arm support. Not sure yet on this

5. I have read people using K Member supports. I didn't see BMR have this, but described their A- Arm support that mentioned tying the two legs of the K-member together. Is this the same thing? Or is the K Member support people are talking about used instead of replacing with a aftermarket K-Member.

6. Since I am not lowering, Would I really need a new panhard rod? Or will still help with better handling? And the same question about the Upper Control Arm.

Eventially I will get 18's and wider tires, but like mentioned before, It gets expensive and can't do all at the same time. Which is fine. Our cars are like a work of art.

Old 10-17-2006, 04:03 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Suspension: What I want to do.

1. You would need the adjustable LCAs if you are lowering OR if you are switching to a 1-pc (lightweight) driveshaft. If you are doing neither of these things, then you're dead-on. Get the solid tubulars.

2. D-specs are great. They work fine on a stock height car.

3. I would only buy the rear. The stock front is fine.

4. The new A-arms do look promising!

5. Different companies have different names for this part, but they are all the same thing. The K-member support is the same as the A-Arm support (BMR), and is also the same as the G-Trac Brace (Steeda)

6. No, you don't need the Panhard bar if you're not lowering. However, the aftermarket ones are still a handling upgrade and they are also lighter than OEM as well. Ditto for the upper control arm. You don't NEED one, but it would be a suspension upgrade.

Personally, I'd stick with the list you've got, except instead of getting the Front sway bar, I'd get a new panhard bar and panhard bar brace instead.

Old 10-17-2006, 04:15 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Suspension: What I want to do.

Thanks CrazyAl for the answers and recommandations on the panhard. I appreciate it.