Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Cheaper shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:20 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Cheaper shocks?

ORIGINAL: F1Fan

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

Is there a cheaper set of shocks for an '07 lowered 1.5 inches? The Tokicos are like $500 or more.....are the FRPP decent? And where can I get them?

Thanks

Hi suoperdave,

Are you serious? You have no idea how good a deal the Tokico D-Specs are, $500 is DIRT CHEAP for a complete set of high quality gas charge adjustable struts and rear dampers! I've paidmore thanfor a singledamper for my street cars in th past and on a racing chassis $1,000-3,000 a corner are common prices. $500? What are you waitng for, buy them!

HTH

I know it's just that I have SOOOO much I want to do to the car and I am trying to save a little money. I just spent $2000 on wheels and tires, another $400 or so for the parts to lower it....I need a CAI and like 10 new body parts to get it to look the way I want....let alone the 24k I spent on the car.I am just trying to save some money where I can.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:41 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

I lowered the rear 1.5, used Eibach springs, kept the factory suspension......no problems.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:15 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

I know it's just that I have SOOOO much I want to do to the car and I am trying to save a little money. I just spent $2000 on wheels and tires, another $400 or so for the parts to lower it....I need a CAI and like 10 new body parts to get it to look the way I want....let alone the 24k I spent on the car.I am just trying to save some money where I can.

Hi suoperdave,

Don't get me wrong, my comments were strictly from a performance point of view. While Isome of what folks are doing to the appearance of their cars I generally avoid adding any weight to the car if it won't make the car corner or go faster. Simpler is better IMObut that's just me.

Cheers

Old 01-22-2007, 09:54 PM
RemainVayne
1st Gear Member

I have the BMR 1.5"/2" lowering springs. I'm contemplating the Tokicos but I don't really have the money for them quite yet, plus there are other things I'd rather spend my $$$ on instead. Should I invest in the Tokicos if I don't mind the stiffer/bouncier ride from he springs?
Old 01-22-2007, 10:01 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

I just said what the hell on went with the KW variant III's They might be the most expensive setup but I needed coil overs and wanted a double adjustable setup.

I know on Modular F0RDS one of the guys was selling his FRPP shocks/struts with only a couple 1000 miles on them. He went with d-specs as he want to track it more
Old 01-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Pony Ride
1st Gear Member

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've only had my new 07 GT for just over a month, and have been doing research onsupsension upgradesalso. After spending a lot of time on this, I've decided I'm going to spend a little more to get the Tokico D-spec adjustables as part of this project. There's two reasons.... 1) If you're going to modify your car whether it be for appearance or performance, do it right the first time... get the best if you can afford it. And the Tokico adjustablesaren't much more $$ than any good quality straight replacements. 2) Before this GT, I had an 03Mustang project car, and I wish the Tokico's were available for my car when Iupgraded that suspensionthen. I wasn't very happy with the ride quality for daily driving (it was a pretty harsh ride on the upgraded setup), and having the ability to adjust the dampers would have really helped solve that problem.

If you can't afford them now, then wait and get them later... you won't be sorry in the long run. Remember, if you don't have the money now to do it right, you'll have to find the money later to do it over......
Old 01-23-2007, 04:49 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pony Ride

I've only had my new 07 GT for just over a month, and have been doing research onsupsension upgradesalso. After spending a lot of time on this, I've decided I'm going to spend a little more to get the Tokico D-spec adjustables as part of this project. There's two reasons.... 1) If you're going to modify your car whether it be for appearance or performance, do it right the first time... get the best if you can afford it. And the Tokico adjustablesaren't much more $$ than any good quality straight replacements. 2) Before this GT, I had an 03Mustang project car, and I wish the Tokico's were available for my car when Iupgraded that suspensionthen. I wasn't very happy with the ride quality for daily driving (it was a pretty harsh ride on the upgraded setup), and having the ability to adjust the dampers would have really helped solve that problem.

If you can't afford them now, then wait and get them later... you won't be sorry in the long run. Remember, if you don't have the money now to do it right, you'll have to find the money later to do it over......

Hey Pony Ride,

Precisely!

Cheers