Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Front End Thunking Noise, Removed Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default Front End Thunking Noise, Removed Sway Bar

Hi, I've read all the threads on this issue and I decided to try something. I removed the sway bar & links from car and it didn't help. It might have helped a hair but the noise is there. I live on bumpy roads so it's easy the here. One thing though, the sway bar is a tube compared to old muscle cars I've had that had solid sway bars. I'm going to figure this problem out one way or the other. It would be nice if Ford stands up and comes out with the fix. But we all know it's going to cost them money and they won't like it.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Front End Thunking Noise, Removed Sway Bar

Hi Again, I put the sway bar back on and I was correct, there was no difference in the noise. Like I said , living on bumpy roads make it easy to hear. And that's the problem, it's not like I'm hitting just potholes and frost heaves to hear the noise, it's on the little road imperfections that the noise comes. Well I'm going to the owner of the dealership on monday 2/12 to talk. I've gone nowhere with the service dept.& Ford Customer Service, time to go to the top and see if he can get a direct answer from Ford.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:25 AM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jays Mustang

Hi Again, I put the sway bar back on and I was correct, there was no difference in the noise. Like I said , living on bumpy roads make it easy to hear. And that's the problem, it's not like I'm hitting just potholes and frost heaves to hear the noise, it's on the little road imperfections that the noise comes. Well I'm going to the owner of the dealership on monday 2/12 to talk. I've gone nowhere with the service dept.& Ford Customer Service, time to go to the top and see if he can get a direct answer from Ford.
What happened when you went to the owner of the dealershop on 2/12/2007? I have been waiting for an update!
Old 04-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Sorry I didn't get back on this thread. I was on the other thunkingfront end thread.I got the owner of the dealership in the car and took for a ride. He heard it right off and felt it is bad design struts. Since thenI finally got through to a Detroit Tech rep and said Ford is coming out with a TSB soon. He guessed mid May to mid June. Sounds like upper bearings & struts at least. Rep didn't really want to say. (Ford admitting fault)