Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

BMR Rear Sway Bar Installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

Default BMR Rear Sway Bar Installed

Every modI do tothe rear suspension feels like more power is getting to the pavement - highly recommend the install of a beefed up sway bar. Understeer feels gone and the car really likes to power slide with less throttle. I also feel less flex/roll when hitting corners hard.

Damn these cars respond well to mods!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:04 AM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: BMR Rear Sway Bar Installed

Mine is sitting in the garage....has been for a week now...still waiting on my nuts and bolts from Ford are still not in...

How much did you torque the bolts that hold the bushings(that go on the bar) to the tie-rod....i didn't see torque values for those in the instructions....
Old 04-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

You mean the end links? Didn't use one.Just good and tight - they weren't on all that tight to begin with.

I recently installed a pan hard rod and brace - didnn't notice much ofachangeuntil I installed the sway bar - i think the panhard rod/brace justehanced the weakness of the factorysway bar. I can definitely feel a difference when I drive the car.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:40 PM
buddha211
2nd Gear Member

I'm waiting on the panhard rod/brace, sway bar and adj. lca's. myself. Nice to hear that these made an appreciable difference.

My one question is where do I order the factory one-time fasteners that ford seems to love so much for the suspension? I've also read about people reusing the hardware with loctite and not having any problems but is that advisable?
Old 05-04-2007, 07:17 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

I just went to the stealership and ordered everything...give yourself some time for them to get it in because it WONT be in stock....I went new because I am like that.....did I was money, could I have reused...who knows...but I know I have new....
Old 05-04-2007, 10:57 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

We're talking about swaybar bolts here right? reuse them!

ORIGINAL: ponyman

I just went to the stealership and ordered everything...give yourself some time for them to get it in because it WONT be in stock....I went new because I am like that.....did I was money, could I have reused...who knows...but I know I have new....
Old 05-05-2007, 07:58 AM
buddha211
2nd Gear Member

Swaybar bolts, lca bolts and panhard bar bolts. I've read various threads on this forum with people having some clunking noise after reusing the lca bolt and nut but never really determined if it was from the reused hardware or improper install. I believe no less a source than CrazyAl said he reused the hardware on his suspension parts but that was a while ago and I may be remembering wrong.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Rudiepoo1
1st Gear Member

You can re-use them fine as long as they haven't been re-used more than several times before. I spoke with BMR directly on this and this is what they do. They did state it's imperative to use loctite then torque to recommended specs.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:17 PM
buddha211
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Rudie. I'm pretty sure I've seen resident suspension guru CrazyAl say pretty much the same thing, but I was looking for more opinions.

Edit: HAHAHA I just saw that you answered me on the modularfords forum also.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:49 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

+1 Heard this from a well-known mechanic as well.

ORIGINAL: Rudiepoo1

You can re-use them fine as long as they haven't been re-used more than several times before. I spoke with BMR directly on this and this is what they do. They did state it's imperative to use loctite then torque to recommended specs.

Quick Reply: BMR Rear Sway Bar Installed