Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

suspension/spring question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Tay0627
1st Gear Member

Default suspension/spring question

I recently had the Eibach Pro Kit installed on my 06. How can I tell if the springs were installed upside down? If they were what kind of problems would I have? I sorta feel like she's not sittin as low as she should be. Remember....I know next to nothing about springs/suspension other than what i've read on MF....so I wouldn't know just by lookin cuz i don't know what they are supposed to look like. I know eibach stamps their logo on the spring....if that is upside down, would that be some kind of indication? Thanks.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Tay0627
1st Gear Member

Default RE: suspension/spring question

no one knows anything about springs?? hmmm
Old 08-29-2007, 10:30 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

I have not done springs yet, but didn't you receive instructions with the springs? They should indicate the correct installation.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:16 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tay0627
I recently had the Eibach Pro Kit installed on my 06. How can I tell if the springs were installed upside down? If they were what kind of problems would I have? I sorta feel like she's not sittin as low as she should be. Remember....I know next to nothing about springs/suspension other than what i've read on MF....so I wouldn't know just by lookin cuz i don't know what they are supposed to look like. I know eibach stamps their logo on the spring....if that is upside down, would that be some kind of indication? Thanks.
Hi Tay,

Eibach inks all of their springs so that the writing is right side up when installed correctly. The orientation of the springs makes no difference in ride height. Whoever installed the springs may have installed them incorrectly if you did not see the ride height drop the amount that is indicated for your particular spring set. There isalmost no way to install them incorrectly except for the following points:

1) Eibach logo and part numbers should all be positioned right side up on the spring seat.
2)The front strut bearing must be oriented with the arrow pointing out from the center of the car.
3) Springs must be properly seated in rubber isolators at top of strutbefore torquingtop bolt.
4)Axle end of LCA's and lower shock fasteners mustbe torqued withrear axle in the loaded position.

Additionally you need to be carefull thatrear brake lines are released fromchassis mountsto avoidtearingbrake lines opencausing the need for an unexpectedbrake line upgrade. Don't laugh I saw a Forddealershipmechanic do this very thing during a Saleen suspension install. Boy was he embarrassed!

HTH!
Old 09-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Tay0627
1st Gear Member

Thanks F1....I'm gonna check it out as soon as i can. The guy that installed them (one of my dads friends) is about 6 hours away from me, so it would SUCK if i had to take it back to him and have him do it correctly....but you gotta do what ya gotta do i guess...i surely don't wanna pay someone else to correct his mistake. thanks again for the info!!
Old 09-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

You should always take before and after measurements so you know what changed, and by how much. If the car is sitting higher, it's most likely because the pigtail of the springs are not completely seated in their notches, when that happens you get a screw-like effect (much like coil-over and weight jackers) which will raise the car up.