Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Ready to do suspension

Old 09-13-2007, 03:48 PM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

Default Ready to do suspension

I'm ready to do some suspension mods on my car, currently I'm looking at getting Steeda Ultra Lite springs and Tokico D-spec shocks and struts. I also need to pick out some LCAs and UCAs.. Possibly anything else that might be useful. At the moment I'm looking at having about $2500 to spend on this including install. Is it even possible and does anyone have some suggestions for good LCA/UCA and a place to buy them?

I went with the steeda ultra lites cause I didn't want too much of a drop and I wanted slightly more of a drop in the rear, since I'll be getting a chin spoiler sometime next spring and I want to make sure there are no clearance issues.

Also I'll probably replace my rear sway bar, but that should be easy to do on my own.. so I'll do that on the side.

OH one important thing I think.. I plan on getting a 1-piece driveshaft down the road too, so I guess I need adjustable LCAs? I'd like to have everything ready so there are no issues with the DS swap.

Edit: I'm a vert. I think that makes my ride a little stiffer..
Old 09-13-2007, 10:17 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ready to do suspension

I suggest just getting everything from Steeda then, including their LCA and UCA. If you're going with Ultralites and a driveshaft, then save some money and get an adjustable UCA and fixed LCA's. When you lower, you increase your pinion angle, and when you install the DS, you will decrease it. You won't be off much in the ndand an adjustable UCA will handle that.

In fact, I'd be suprised if you even needed an adjustable at all. I am still running the stock UCA with my DS, and there are no pinion angle issues. Mine is about -1/2 degree, with no vibration, and when I lower with the sport springs it will bring it back to about -1.5 degrees, just right for an auto IMO.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:05 AM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ready to do suspension

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

I suggest just getting everything from Steeda then, including their LCA and UCA. If you're going with Ultralites and a driveshaft, then save some money and get an adjustable UCA and fixed LCA's. When you lower, you increase your pinion angle, and when you install the DS, you will decrease it. You won't be off much in the ndand an adjustable UCA will handle that.

In fact, I'd be suprised if you even needed an adjustable at all. I am still running the stock UCA with my DS, and there are no pinion angle issues. Mine is about -1/2 degree, with no vibration, and when I lower with the sport springs it will bring it back to about -1.5 degrees, just right for an auto IMO.
hmmm Cool. I was a bit worried about pinion angle issues from what I had read on other sites. I'll probably just get an adjustable upper just in case.. also in case I end up lowering it more or whatever.