Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Suspension Fastener Part Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Suspension Fastener Part Numbers

ponyman

Thanks for the tip on the sway bar. I was planning to go with the FRPP front and rear anti-roll bar kit M-5490-A which indicates it includes the required fasteners to install it.

My plan is to get all of the parts and then compare what I have to your list of what is required.

Your list will be agreat help to me and anyone else trying to do suspension upgrades!
Old 12-19-2007, 12:34 PM
SlideWRX
2nd Gear Member

Doh! I tried it and they don't list what size bolt it is. What I'd really like is the size of the bolt so I could pick upclass 8.8 or better replacements before doing some mods. No more one-time use stuff.

regardless, thanks for the part numbers!

Tom
Old 12-19-2007, 12:50 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

The solution to that would be to dismantle the suspension...run down to your local bolt and nut shop (man that can sound a little dirty) and get the new stuff....and since you have the suspension torn down....well you might as well replace the whole damn thing....
Old 12-19-2007, 01:16 PM
SlideWRX
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponyman

The solution to that would be to dismantle the suspension...run down to your local bolt and nut shop (man that can sound a little dirty) and get the new stuff
That's hard to do with the suspension not on the car...
Old 12-19-2007, 03:11 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

The pay a friend a 6-pack to drive you
Old 03-02-2008, 07:39 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponyman

The pay a friend a 6-pack to drive you

Hey, I'll drive for a sixer or two! LOL!

Cheers!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:59 PM
itchy5
1st Gear Member

Where did you get the -Sxxx extension for most of the part numbers? The first part of the number matches most of the numbers from the workshop manual, but a few are different.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:13 PM
sweetlou69
2nd Gear Member

SO lemme get this right. Im putting in new shocks/struts and springs in a few weeks with more suspension arts down the road. So we cannot reuse any of the bolts or fasteners that come stock? so before i change anything out i should order all new bolts?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

My plan when I dothe suspension upgrades if it shows up in the manual as one time use or on the list above then new bolts/nuts are going in.

Why take the risk with your investment or your life for a few bucks on a critical component - especially if you are going to track the car.

What would be really nice is if someone could figure out what regular grade 8 hardware could be used for each of these fasterners, where possible, so that we could just go and buy that instead of having to pay more money to Ford.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:20 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sleeper_08
My plan when I dothe suspension upgrades if it shows up in the manual as one time use or on the list above then new bolts/nuts are going in.

Why take the risk with your investment or your life for a few bucks on a critical component - especially if you are going to track the car.

What would be really nice is if someone could figure out what regular grade 8 hardware could be used for each of these fasterners, where possible, so that we could just go and buy that instead of having to pay more money to Ford.
Hi Sleeper_08,

I have a completeset ofspare suspensionfasteners at the moment in my roll-a-way so maybe I should measure them before I start to use them all up. Good project for the rainy weekend coming up here in SoCal. The problem is that these are kind of wierd bolts and you will have to dig high and low to find good fasteners with the same shank and thread lengths. You might be better off to try and find NAS or MS fasteners as they come in every imaginable shank and thread size and for those they don't come in you can do like most race shops and just cut and clean the threads.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Suspension Fastener Part Numbers