Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Just installed Steeda Ultralites

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:27 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Just installed Steeda Ultralites

ORIGINAL: Darkness7
So I just installed a set of Steeda Ultralites and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. Installation wasn't too bad either.... but then again I'm in the military and we have auto hobby shops so items such as lifts, impact guns, spring compressors, etc. are at my finger tips! Kick *** huh?! It took me alil over 3 hours and that was even with us taking our time to make sure we were doing things right.... I found step by step instruction from another mustang forum that really helped: http://www.stangnet.com/Tech-Article...ll-061222.html (make sure you mark the items the instructions tell you to so you can get close to the original alignment)
I also didn't need an adjustable panhard bar because my rear end didnt move over 1/16" so I lucked out there. One thing you will definitely want to do is get a front end alignment done after the install so you dont shred up your tires ($60-$80)
Hi Darkness7,

The real reason to install a SteedaAdjustable Panhard Bar and the matching Heavy Duty Panhard Bar Brace is notto center the axle but to improve rear axle location and cornering feel. Sure theability to center the axle is important as this helps reduce doglegging or crabbing and reduces tire wear and increases stability. But thelaterallocation of the axle isALL done through the Panhard bar and all of the loads generated laterally are put into the chassis through one big bolt and somebent sheet metal welded to the unibody. What the HD Panhard bar brace does is to help distrubute the load into the chassis to improve location of the Pahnard bar which improves steering feel of the rear axlewhich improves the drivers ability to know what the rear tires are doing which allows the driver to go faster with more confidence through the corners. Does this help?

Cheers!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

Damn F1Fan you seem to know your stuff.....go easy on me for not getting the DSpecs tho! Cash flow isn't that great...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

haha yeah, he knows his stuff, dont get him started! haha do a search and you'll find lots of good info by him on here
Old 10-10-2007, 09:52 AM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Damn F1Fan you seem to know your stuff.....go easy on me for not getting the DSpecs tho! Cash flow isn't that great...
Hi Darkness7,

I'm sorry, I didn't intend to be harsh and appolgize if you understood it that way. I understand poor cash flow, trust me, my cash flow is all one way LOL!

Cheers!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

F1Fan,

No sweat I was just giving you a hard time. I appreciate the info tho. Yea if it was up to me then my whole paycheck prob. would go into my car....utilities and bills suck!
Old 10-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

I dont know whats up with the thumbnails??? so here it is again just in case

[IMG]local://upfiles/75086/D2B66C5B3E8B4970ACC973D19AE968EE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

Oh yea I forgot to mention I ordered them from American Muscle which has great prices and free shipping!!! Not to mention the customer service is really good....I had a pair of sequential tail lights that I bought from them, and a month and a half later one of the harnesses went bad and stopped working so I called them up and they shipped me out a new one and emailed me a shipping label to return the old ones!!!! Thats customer service.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:15 PM
GotMunchies?
1st Gear Member

I also noticed that cornering is better too, not near as much body roll.....itwill get even better with a strut tower brace.
No it won't. And you should replace the dampers. The stock ones will not be able to damp the stiffer spring rate correctly. A set of Tokico's and you're car will handle not at all like a Mustang.

Out of curiosity, what did you use for front end specs?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:01 PM
2abouAziza

Where can i find a good Panhard bar, and how much will it cost to have it. Does the panhard bar Brace come with the panhard bar or is that purchased seperately. Can anyone install it meaning all you needis basic tools and instructions that come with it.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Do a search on PHB and you'll find lot's of information

Here is a link to an excellent installation description https://mustangforums.com/m_4518816/tm.htm

The PHB & PHB Brace are normally sold separately

Quick Reply: Just installed Steeda Ultralites