Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda Springs/suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Default Steeda Springs/suspension?

Im looking into steeda suspension/spring and i cant decide wether i should get the Sport springs, comp. springs or ultra lites. What is the difference between the 3 and which 1 should i get? Also i need a adjustable panhard bar i noticed steeda makes a comp. race panhard bar. What is the difference between that 1 and the regular 1? Thanks guys!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:34 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Springs/suspension?

ORIGINAL: Mustang3GT07
Im looking into steeda suspension/spring and i cant decide wether i should get the Sport springs, comp. springs or ultra lites. What is the difference between the 3 and which 1 should i get? Also i need a adjustable panhard bar i noticed steeda makes a comp. race panhard bar. What is the difference between that 1 and the regular 1? Thanks guys!!!
Hi Mustang3GT07,

All of Steeda's regular Sport and Comp springs are moderate drop ride height to avoid the bad ride and suspension geometryproblems from lowering theS197 chassistoo much. The softest riding are the Ultralites follwed very closely by the regular Sport springs. The Competition springs are not really competition springs so much as the stiffest of the regular catalog street springs. I've been running the Steeda Competitions springs and they actually ride better than the Eibach Pro-Kit springs I took off my car recently. The differences between the Ultralite and Sport is pretty small adn I doubt you can feel the difference. The Competition springs are the stiffest of the Steeda street springs but they ride pretty well and are easy to get a good D-Spec setting for.

The Steeda Competition Panhard bar is a very nice piece of work for a race car. On the street the ride will be harsher and noisier than a regualar Steeda Panahrd bar due to the hiem joints used on both ends of the Panhard bar. This is a nice piece because you can now adjust your rear roll center by moving the ends of the Panhard bar up or down to suit you needs. Race only part though. Buy the regular Steeda adjustable Panhard bar and matching HD Panhard bar brace.

HTH!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:37 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustang3GT07

Hi Mustang3GT07,

Oh, I forgot to ask, are you installing D-Specs or some other performance struts and dampers? If you plan to keep your stock struts and dampers buy the Ultralites or regular sport springs as they are not stiff enough to blow your struts and dampers out like the Comps are.

HTH!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I was looking into the struts and dampers. which 1s would you reccomend from steeda? I want to go with the competition spring and adj. race panhard bar and brace is that good. Im also looking into a bmr suspension. 4 rite now im just looking into doing springs, adj panhand bar and mayb shock&struts.I will be racing road courses so im looking for the best from steeda or BMR. I got 2 courseraces left for the year. Thanks