Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Wheels and Suspension ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 10:08 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Wheels and Suspension ?

Hey does anybody know how big of wheels you can use? I also want to put on a Saleen Suspension kit eventually which will drop the car about an inch or so. I dont want to put on big wheels and then not be able to drop my car. Any help appreciated.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:12 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Wheels and Suspension ?

saleen suspension kits aren't that good...
Old 10-30-2007, 02:42 AM
GotMunchies?
1st Gear Member

To be honest, you'd be better off hanging around the Handling forum reading up on some suspension threads before you make a decision on what to do with your suspension.

You need to keep in mind that putting the largest possible wheels on your car will be a significant detriment to ride quality and handling performance. And those extra baller points don't make your ***** any larger.

Especially look into some of F1Fan's posts. He has put together a component list for the S197 that will drop the car and offer great improvements in handling characteristics. To give you some ideas you'll need at least the following to lower your car about an inch:

- Lowering springs (Steeda Street and Ultralite springs will offer a drop of 1" in front and 1.25" in back)
- Dampers (aka shocks/struts The Tokico D-Specs are the forum favorite for their adjustability, performance, and reasonable price)
- Adjustable panhard rod and brace (Lowering the car will force your rear end out of alignment, the adj. panhard rod will be allow you to realign it.)
- HD front strut mounts (offer a better platform to for the front struts to connect to your car and camber adjustability)
- Front end alignment - lowering the car will force the front end out of alignment. It will need to be aligned after the car is lowered.

Think about it.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:51 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

If your going to do all that I would also add some LCA's
Old 10-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Red6
2nd Gear Member

I'm running my Saleen Supension with Eibach sportlines20x9.5 and 20x10.5.

I'm also running aSaleenWatts Link Supension.

Iroad racethe car and it handles great and stays flat(even though the rims are bigger then most would run on the track).

My new rims arebetter (28lbs)then the stock Saleen20's (40lbs).I replaced them with something wider and lighter for better handling and weight savings.

If you runinng drag the Saleen supension is allright too.

I've seen a fewSaleen SCownersrun12.7's on the stock Saleen20's with thestock SaleenSupension.

Its up to you what you want to do with the car.

I like my Saleen set upand would recommend it!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 04:41 PM
torque240
1st Gear Member

i had eibach springs and 22X10on the back with 20X8.5 up front. They fit perfectly if that is the look you want. I am actually selling them if you are interensted. I got tons of compliments on them, i just want some extra cash before christmas. They are chrome TSW montage and have dunlop 9000 tires that only have 4000 miles on them. They look brand new. $1750 plus shipping. And you will get crap from most people on here about big wheels, because it is a muscle car. GotMunchies i dont get the correlation of big rims equals big dick either? did you mean big rims does not equalyou are rich or cool or tough..... because any of those words would have been a better choice, and also made it seem like you are not thinking about dick