Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Upper Strut Mounts (Caster/Camber Plates)

Old 11-21-2007, 02:49 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

Default Upper Strut Mounts (Caster/Camber Plates)

So far as I can tell, there are two options for Upper Strut Mounts (or Caster/Camber Plates) to replace the factory plastic pieces

There are the Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts (http://www.steeda.com/products/heavy...nts_street.php) and the Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates (http://www.maximummotorsports.com/in...oducts_id=1151).

It appears that the MM ones intruduce the ability to adjust Caster, which neither stock nor the Steeda ones seem to allow. Other than that is there much difference? The Steeda site claims no NVH increase, but someone said they had some. What about the MM ones? Do they increase NVH?

Are there other ones I haven't been able to come across?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:01 PM
JB_Sonic_197
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Upper Strut Mounts (Caster/Camber Plates)

All aftermarket parts increase NVH when compared to the FoMoCo parts.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:07 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

I have K-Macs. You can get them from WildPonyMotorsports.com
Old 11-21-2007, 06:47 PM
sd07gt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponyman

So far as I can tell, there are two options for Upper Strut Mounts (or Caster/Camber Plates) to replace the factory plastic pieces

There are the Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts (http://www.steeda.com/products/heavy...nts_street.php) and the Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates (http://www.maximummotorsports.com/in...oducts_id=1151).

It appears that the MM ones intruduce the ability to adjust Caster, which neither stock nor the Steeda ones seem to allow. Other than that is there much difference? The Steeda site claims no NVH increase, but someone said they had some. What about the MM ones? Do they increase NVH?

Are there other ones I haven't been able to come across?
There arealso J@m hot part ones whic are nice also... I have the Maximum motorsports c/c plates , I didnt get any NVH but Im using Pilot sport tires which have some road noise.. also I did a little trick by installing four o-rings on the bolts that go up underneith your strut towers, all they did was get smashed down and maybe took out what little Nvh these has in them. This is what nobody is telling you about these camber plates like Steeda and others with no camber adjustment if your car starts to pull your screwed..it's not supposed to but I have seen people already having alignment problemsusing differentaftermarket camber plates,and depending on where you live and how the roads are crowned ? also any production faults in the mounting holes from the factory, so if you get a good car any of the plates should work fine.... but Maximum motorsports gave there c/c/ plates some caster adjustment just to be on the safe side plus you can get youe car straight as an arrow too !.. it's only .07 or 3/4 of a degree + or - but its just enough .

Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

My 2 cents, I have the MM ones and I think it is alot easier to drive