Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

any tips on install?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 06:41 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

Default any tips on install?

i bought some GT front and rear sways two days ago and should have them by wednesday. ill be intalling them this upcoming weekend. any tips on the install? what will i needto installthe bars? my car was a non-pp so i had no rear sway. i have a jack/jackstands and race ramps. any help will be greatly appreciated. oh and do i have to have a torque wrench? thanks guys.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:12 PM
oi8achevy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: any tips on install?

there definitely easier to do if the suspension is as it is sitting on the ground. makes hooking up the end links easier, use your ramps or put your jack stand under the end of the lower control arms next to the lower balljoints.the front is fairly straight forward. just unbolt the one on the car and bolt the gt unit back in. for the rear youll need all the mounting hardware if it doesnt come with the bars you bought. that would be the center links and bushings, end brackets and bushings, mounting bolts for the body end of the center links and end bracket bolts. you can get OE ford hardware or aftermarket for what you need to purchase, alsobolts and lock nuts can be bought at any parts store or hardware store. you dont nessecarily need a torque wrench just make sure you get your man hand on there and get them good and tight. youd have to be a pretty strong guy to worry about stripping a half inch bolt. good luck and enjoy, they make a huge difference in cornering stability.