Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

STEEDA "STOP THE HOP" PACK

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 11:11 AM
attridgerm
1st Gear Member

Default STEEDA "STOP THE HOP" PACK

Anyone usingthis package? http://www.steeda.com/products/stop_the_hop_s197.php

Was wondering about increased NVH and if it really stops the hop. Don't need an adjustable UCA/LCA as I'm not installing a one-piece driveshaft and w/my set-up (see sig) the car isn't lowered enough to really impact pinion angle.It's either this or I install a pair of GT500 lca's ($120.00) for now and call it a day.

I appreciate it if someone could give me the ford part #'s for the UCA and LCA fasteners. I understand they are one time use only. Thanks.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Default RE: STEEDA "STOP THE HOP" PACK

Here is a thread with the suspension PNS - https://mustangforums.com/m_3886399/...tm.htm#4347979
Old 03-01-2008, 02:43 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: attridgerm

Was wondering about increased NVH and if it really stops the hop. Don't need an adjustable UCA/LCA as I'm not installing a one-piece driveshaft and w/my set-up (see sig) the car isn't lowered enough to really impact pinion angle.It's either this or I install a pair of GT500 lca's ($120.00) for now and call it a day.

I appreciate it if someone could give me the ford part #'s for the UCA and LCA fasteners. I understand they are one time use only. Thanks.
Go with the CHE non adjustable UCA and LCAs. We just put these in on a buddies car last month and he's loving it. He did a lot of research which included the Steeda 'pak'.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:09 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Hi attridgerm,

This Steeda stop the hop package works as advertised and eliminates wheel hop related to location problems on the chassis side. But that said if you are worried aboutincreased noise andride harshness you should go with the GT500 LCA's and aSteeda fixed UCA. The GT500 LCA's are perfectly adequatefor any level N/A motored car and they are much quieter and better riding than ANY of the poly/poly bushed LCA's on the market. You could skip the UCA if you are not going to go to the drag strip regularly as the LCA's improvewheel hop very effectively on th street. On a well prepared drag strip you may want to installa poly bushed UCA for maximum axle control.

Regarding the fasteners used by Ford I did quite a bit of testing on my car and others and found that 90% of the time you canget 2-3 torque cycles out of the stockfasteners but I would not go past one additional cycle. What happens isthe bolts are designed to stretch and you can no longer achive full factory torque spec becausethey just keep on turning and stretching until you have that bad feeling in your head that someting is wrong, usually just beforeit snaps off. Needless to say then you are hosed but I have never had this problem on a car that had virgin suspension fastenersso for th emost part you are safe to reuse them ONCE.

HTH!
Old 03-01-2008, 05:27 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2007GT/CS

Go with the CHE non adjustable UCA and LCAs. We just put these in on a buddies car last month and he's loving it. He did a lot of research which included the Steeda 'pak'.
Hi 2007GT/CS,

CHE stuff is not very good in terms of accuracy or fit. I've had fit problems trying to installCHE LCAs and the weld quality is not very good either. When I pointed out the problems I stopped the install and he returned them for another set which fit and worked fine. But it cost him shippingfor the return and a wasted day for me.For the extra $50-$60 I suggest the OP buySteeda's stop the hop pack and save yourself the potential forheadaches as the Steeda parts will fit right the first time and last a long time.

HTH!

Old 03-01-2008, 07:32 PM
attridgerm
1st Gear Member

F1Fan,

Thanks for the info. Always apprciate it when you weigh in. I don't go to the drag strip so I'll skip the UCA and go for the gt 500 LCA's. They are pre-package with new fastners so I don't have to worry about re-using what's already on there.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:32 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: F1Fan

Hi 2007GT/CS,

CHE stuff is not very good in terms of accuracy or fit. I've had fit problems trying to installCHE LCAs and the weld quality is not very good either. When I pointed out the problems I stopped the install and he returned them for another set which fit and worked fine. But it cost him shippingfor the return and a wasted day for me.For the extra $50-$60 I suggest the OP buySteeda's stop the hop pack and save yourself the potential forheadaches as the Steeda parts will fit right the first time and last a long time.

HTH!

That certainly wasn't our experience. The CHE stuff fit perfectly, was very well made, and was much less expensive than the Steeda parts.

Attrigerm: I would suggest you do some additional research on this and other forums for additional info in UCA and LCA installs including brands/types used and results (including NVH differences). There are some people that got away with only changing out the LCAs and it fixed their problems enough. Others needed the UCA as well.

The nice thing is that LCAs are *really* easy and you could try those first and if it doesn't solve it, go with the new UCA.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:26 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

F1Fan,

Thanks for the info. Always apprciate it when you weigh in. I don't go to the drag strip so I'll skip the UCA and go for the gt 500 LCA's. They are pre-package with new fastners so I don't have to worry about re-using what's already on there.
Hi attridgerm,

No problem! I think you will be happy with just the GT500 LCA's and if and when wheel hop raises it's ugly head if you get into running down the ol'1320the addition of a fixed length Steeda tubular UCA will fix you up right quick. Including all of the parts required to do the installation, what a concept! I love that about the FRPP GT500 LCA's! Ford was serious about the critical fasteners and these are pretty critical to have right.

HTH!
Old 03-01-2008, 11:47 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

That certainly wasn't our experience. The CHE stuff fit perfectly, was very well made, and was much less expensive than the Steeda parts.

Attrigerm: I would suggest you do some additional research on this and other forums for additional info in UCA and LCA installs including brands/types used and results (including NVH differences). There are some people that got away with only changing out the LCAs and it fixed their problems enough. Others needed the UCA as well.

The nice thing is that LCAs are *really* easy and you could try those first and if it doesn't solve it, go with the new UCA.
Hi 2007GT/CS,

And as I said the second set of LCA's fit very well and lined up as they should have. The weld quality was nearly the same which is not to say terrible but certainly not highest quality welding. Good welds are obviously good with good penatration of both parts being welded. These welds were obviously heavy on the rod with large filletsthat werelow on prenatration as wittnessed by the cold rolled over weld edge all around the joints. At least the second set had welding all around in one piece.

HTH!

Old 03-03-2008, 08:45 PM
docwine
1st Gear Member

I installed single Adj LCA's and a non adj UCA from Strano Performance parts. They use QA1 spherical and Energy Suspension Polyurethane bushings (with zerk fitings). They eliminated any wheel hop I had and only minimal NVH. Oh yeah, the money they save will pay for the ford replacement bolts.

Quick Reply: STEEDA "STOP THE HOP" PACK