Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

STEEDA "STOP THE HOP" PACK

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 02:47 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Default RE: STEEDA "STOP THE HOP" PACK

ORIGINAL: attridgerm

Anyone usingthis package? http://www.steeda.com/products/stop_the_hop_s197.php

Was wondering about increased NVH and if it really stops the hop. Don't need an adjustable UCA/LCA as I'm not installing a one-piece driveshaft and w/my set-up (see sig) the car isn't lowered enough to really impact pinion angle.It's either this or I install a pair of GT500 lca's ($120.00) for now and call it a day.

I appreciate it if someone could give me the ford part #'s for the UCA and LCA fasteners. I understand they are one time use only. Thanks.
Dont waste your money. You dont need these with your mods. Buy a engine mod.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Default RE: STEEDA "STOP THE HOP" PACK

Thanks you docwine.... I'd encourage folks to check out the LCA's we sell, made by UMI Performance. These are the the products Roy (docwine) put on his car. I'm newer around here, and both myself and UMI come from the GM side of things originally. But I've been autoxing in, setting up (and winningwith) Mustangs for years. I've never spent afull season in one, or owned one until last year--when I did both. I've used UMI parts for years on my Camaro, and we are using what we can on the S197 we autox now (pretty limited by rules). But my car and a friend's car were the cars used for testing and fitting the new UMI line of S197 parts. I've got a few folks like Roy out there now who are willing to vouch for the quality of the product and that means a lot.

Compare the pricing, compare the pictures, compare the specs. Actually, it's hard to since Steeda doesn't supply the specs that we do. Our set of non-adjustable control arms are over $100 less than the equivilent Steeda kit. For $258,still less money than the "stop the hop" package, you can go with the Single Adjustable lower arms (sometimes known as poly/rod), which eliminate any binding of the rear axle in roll that comes with tubular or boxed type all poly bushed LCA's *and* the non-adjustable upper and have almost enough left over to fill your gas-tank.

And I'll stand behind the quality of the parts and the powdercoating too. Please, take a look http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...&ModelID=5and see what you think. And by all means, feel free to ask questions.