Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

What LCA to get? Plus suspension questions for SC!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:37 PM
nbd13
2nd Gear Member

Default What LCA to get? Plus suspension questions for SC!

Hey guys,

Well I have my date set to get my Saleen SC installed at Brenspeed for April 24th!!!!!!

Now I need to get my suspension in line! My car is an '06 GT Auto which is my daily driver. I go to the track once every other month or so. I am NOT lowered at all.

I think the BMR LCA are the way to go, but which ones should I get from Brenspeed?

1. 05-07 MUSTANG BMR TUBULAR LOWER CONTROL ARM for $134.95
2. 05-07 MUSTANG BMR BILLET LOWER CONTROL ARMS for $229.95

Do I need the following as well or no because I am not lowered?

1. 05-07 MustandBMR Control ARM Relocation Brackets for $134.95

What other suspension mods should I do to prepare for my SC?

I am not sure if I need a panhard rod because I am not lowered? What about a BMR Adjustable Upper Control Arm 3rd link for $176.95

Let me know guys I am very excited and can't wait! So, let's get the right suspension parts for me order for me!

Thanks,

Nick
Old 03-18-2008, 09:46 PM
07 S197
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What LCA to get? Plus suspension questions for SC!

I went with the bmr tubular lca, great product. Since your not lowered you dont need the relocation brackets. The uca wouldnt be a bad thing to get, some people say yes to it some say its a waste. Wider wheels with more meat for the rear is almost a must
Old 03-18-2008, 09:47 PM
ajaibr
2nd Gear Member

If you're getting LCA's, I'd go with adjustable... If you end up lowering it someday or if you get an aluminum driveshaft, it'll save your butt having them...

The upper is a good idea too and I've heard it does more to stop wheel hop than the lowers...

CHE K-Member brace with torque limiters would be a good idea too...

What kind of tires do you have? Buy stock in Tire Rack... lol
Old 03-18-2008, 09:58 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Simon1 and I just installed the BMR billet LCA's this past Saturday they did help with traction in 2nd when I am on a roll but if I spin in first speed shift to second I still spin, but you may not have the same issue with an AT. If you are not planning on lowering your car you don't need the relocation brackets or adjust lca's. Personally I would start with just the billet lca's see how they work for you and go from there. You can always add on later, plus the lca's are VERY easy to install, don't pay someone to do it for you. All you need beside the wrenches is the silcon grease (get with the order the stuff is not easy to find) and a good set of jack stands.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:19 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the OMG club. You'll need it all and more, getting them to hook on street tires is impossible, getting them to hook on D/R's is, and if you go to the track I would highly recommend the M/T E/T streets. Brenspeed has a good price on those as well. I highly recommend talking to them on your suspension mods, they'll steer you in the right direction. What package are you getting? LCA's and brackets are a good start, and as the money comes available add the other stuff. If you plan to lower in the future get adjustable LCA's and panhard. Congratulations again, you'll be completely satisfied with the Saleen it's a quality unit that you can increase h.p. as you need.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:23 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

BMR tubular LCA's (adj just in case you lower) and UCA and a new panhard bar will help with wheel hop and help you to hook better off the line. If you lower the car get the relocation brackets and if you plan on it in the future do it all at once...i.e. LCA's w/relocation brackets adj., lowering springs, UCA, and panhard bar. I know many of our sponsors and others offer package deals on rear suspension components. Those above mentioned should work wonders for you..... oh and like others have mentioned... you are only are strong as your weakest link in the suspension so wide tires (D/R's) will help greatly. As a DD stick to street tires. You dont need rod ends on the LCA's but a poly to poly end is great for a DD and then the poly end/rod end for more agressive street use and occasional track use but it will be stiffer and possibly noisier in the rear and you will feel the bumps IMO with the latter choice. Hope it helps J