Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Eibach Pro-Kit - great upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 07:16 AM
ScottsIre

Default Eibach Pro-Kit - great upgrade

Finished with my Eibach Pro-Kit install. Installed the rears myself, which was cake. I was pressed for time so I let Ford do the front springs, which if I could do over again, I would. They charged $350 for the labor + front end alignment, which isn't that atrocious, but I should have just rented a spring compressor and did it myself to have the money to put towards other things.

The key here is that I think this is a mod EVERYONE should invest in. I don't even have a CAI & Tune yet, but speaking of 'waking up' the car.. this partly did it for me. Aside from looking f'n awesome, the driving is tighter than ever. Not simply during turning and corners, but during launch and shifting, the stiffness really gives it a much more refined feel. The floaty, 'heavy' feeling that I didn't even notice until now, is gone. No need for any extra parts or even an adjustable panhard bar. That will come next year with spring/shock replacements. No need to replace those just yet, because despite the improvement in overall control of the car's weight, the ride suffered hardly at all. Perhaps over large bumps it's noticeable, but just cruising, it feels great! Love me some Eibachs

*sig pic before the upgrade
Old 03-21-2008, 10:33 PM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Eibach Pro-Kit - great upgrade

Glad you liked your suspension. If you got a napa parts store around you the spring tool was just 35 bucks for a pair . in case you ever wanna replace shocks, camber plates or whatever.
anyway if you loved that mod wait until you get a good tune in her...
Esp. if its an auto this will give you a lot bigger smile.
congrats on your mod.