Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

LCA? Which ones?

Old 04-12-2008, 03:34 PM
chadlet
2nd Gear Member

Default LCA? Which ones?

Ok I have been looking around for LCA. But what is the difference between them all? Which ones are you guys and girlsrunning? What is the differnce between rod ends and poly ends? Do I want adjustable or not? Do I need the relocation bracket? I am planning on getting these a driveshaft and breenspeeds MT drag combo wheels. Should this hook up or will I still spin when launched. What should I be launching at. I have an 08 with 3.55/ 5 speed/ bama 93 race tune? Please help me figure this out
Old 04-12-2008, 04:43 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Default RE: LCA? Which ones?

I am running the BMR Billet LCA's with relocation brackets, love them! Easy to install! You only need the relocation brackets or adjustable ends if you plan on lowering the car. I am running wheels and tires similiar to the breenspeed package you are talking about, I get NO wheel hop. I launch at around 4700 rpm, but you need to find out were your torque max's out at to determine were you should launch at.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/2005MustangSUSPENSION.htm

ORIGINAL: chadlet

Ok I have been looking around for LCA. But what is the difference between them all? Which ones are you guys and girlsrunning? What is the differnce between rod ends and poly ends? Do I want adjustable or not? Do I need the relocation bracket? I am planning on getting these a driveshaft and breenspeeds MT drag combo wheels. Should this hook up or will I still spin when launched. What should I be launching at. I have an 08 with 3.55/ 5 speed/ bama 93 race tune? Please help me figure this out
Old 04-12-2008, 05:25 PM
JimC

I have the J&M HotPart LCA and really like them. They have a poly end, but it has a "ball and socket" type set up so they don't bind in turns. No noise, and they hook much better than stock.

As I understand it, the rod ends will be noisy on the street and many have reported "clunking" with them due to the design.

Unless you are lowered, you don't need the relocation brackets. Their purpose is to put your LCA's back to level. Some have added them anyway to get additional downforce even when not lowered though. I don't have them and would be surprised if they made much difference. You also only need adjustable LCA's or UCA's if you are lowered so you can reset your pinion angle. If you aren't lowered the pinion angle won't change and you'll simply set your LCA's to stock length anyway.

The aluminum driveshaft will make a huge difference. I have the 4" Shaftmasters on mine and the change in the car was amazing. Once you put it on the car and hit the expressway you will see the difference - quicker acceleration, no vibration.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:00 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

I'm running Steeda Billet Arms with poly ends. I took off a set of BMR's with the rod ends because they beat me to death and put a lot of road noise in the car. They also clicked and popped negotiating road imperfections. I went 1.77 60ft on street tires with the Steeda LCA's so I think they work.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:02 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JimC

I have the J&M HotPart LCA and really like them. They have a poly end, but it has a "ball and socket" type set up so they don't bind in turns. No noise, and they hook much better than stock.

As I understand it, the rod ends will be noisy on the street and many have reported "clunking" with them due to the design.

Unless you are lowered, you don't need the relocation brackets. Their purpose is to put your LCA's back to level. Some have added them anyway to get additional downforce even when not lowered though. I don't have them and would be surprised if they made much difference. You also only need adjustable LCA's or UCA's if you are lowered so you can reset your pinion angle. If you aren't lowered the pinion angle won't change and you'll simply set your LCA's to stock length anyway.

The aluminum driveshaft will make a huge difference. I have the 4" Shaftmasters on mine and the change in the car was amazing. Once you put it on the car and hit the expressway you will see the difference - quicker acceleration, no vibration.
How much for the shaftmasters and does it have an adapter or direct bolt in?
Old 04-12-2008, 06:19 PM
chadlet
2nd Gear Member

Do you have the reloaction kit? It is my understanding that I only need them if I lower the card, but I thought I read somewhere that I will need it with an aftermarket driveshaft? Also I have the pypes mid muffler will that conflict with a 4" driveshaft? Hope not just had them installed today and love the sound!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:25 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

I have a two in drop and do not have the relocation brackets. I know I need them cause the bars poit down towards the front mount really bad. Heah but you cant argue with 1.77 60ft right?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:46 PM
JimC

ORIGINAL: td1320

ORIGINAL: JimC

How much for the shaftmasters and does it have an adapter or direct bolt in?
I see in another post you have a 2" drop, so you may want the 3.5" Shaftmasters, which costs a little more than the 4" and is designed for lowered cars. Check the website www.shaftmasters.com and you can get the price and help determining what you need. I have the V6 and it is a direct bolt in for the V6 but you have two options when you order the GT shaft.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:50 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Yeah your suspension geometry is off and you might get better times in the 60' if they are corrected....JMO and we both know it takes more than just LCA's to get a great 60' time. (many variables). The shaftmasters is a great shaft and have 2 options for the 3.5" shaft for your lowered car...one with an adapter plate and the other with the pinion flange.....Check the link that JimC provided!
ORIGINAL: td1320

I have a two in drop and do not have the relocation brackets. I know I need them cause the bars poit down towards the front mount really bad. Heah but you cant argue with 1.77 60ft right?